Saturday, December 1, 2012

Report Card, Schedule and Walking Stats.


Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers. Let’s start this weekend posting with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

COLD SNAPS 2012: Winter One-Act Festival - “Seven one-act plays featuring: fascinating parallels, prehistoric silliness, delicate romance, and valiant struggles for survival and sanity!”==>B+

Interesting, diverse, thought-provoking and well acted. A very enjoyable evening in a very very small venue.

Moving on to today ...

Gonna be in front of the tube in the afternoon for lots of college football with the most important game being, of course, ALABAMA/GEORGIA for the SEC Championship @ 4:00pm on CBS.

My son, Bill III aka The Bill, is a huge ‘Bama fan so I will be pulling for them, so ... ROLL TIDE!!



7:00==>ORPHEUS CHAMBER ORCHESTRA, with violinist Akiko Meyers @ Carnegie Hall. The program is:
Prokofiev - Symphony No. 1.
Barber  - Violin Concerto
Mozart - Symphony No. 41, Jupiter
(complimentary ticket)

This world famous group performs without a conductor and is celebrating their 40th anniversary. 

I am really looking forward to this even though I am rather certain that my comp. seat will be in the upper nosebleed section of the Hall, but no matter because the acoustics in Carnegie Hall are great wherever you are seated.

Speaking of classical music and Carnegie Hall==>yesterday I booked an awesome four concert series package by the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra, conducted by Daniel Barenboim, performing all nine of Beethoven’s Symphonies. The concerts take place in late January and early February.

As a bonus for booking the entire series I received a 20% discount and a CD box set of the complete Beethoven symphony cycle. Nice!

Moving on some more ...

In the Yankee Universe things are shaping up pretty well in the pitching area. General Manager Brian Cashman has re-signed Hiroki Kuroda, Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera. This is good.

What is not good is the fact that Nick Swisher and Russell Martin are gone and Ichiro Suzuki is now talking to other teams because the Yanks have failed to make him an offer.

Oh, the drama!!

Moving on even more ...

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, on July 1st I started my  adventure/challenge to walk 1,079 miles by my 79th birthday on April 23, 2013 (avg. 3.65 miles per day). 

I am now 5 months into the adventure/challenge and things have gone very very well. These are the stats thus far:

Total mileage for November==>158.98 miles (avg. of 5.30 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>823.63 miles (avg. of 5.38 miles per day)

Total steps since 7/1/12==>1,801,279 steps

Mileage in storage locker==>265.18 miles (mileage accumulated over the required 3.65 miles per day average)

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>255.37 miles

To reach my 1,079 mile goal in the 296 days I have to average 3.65 miles per day. When I exceed that average, as I have most of the way thus far, the “excess” mileage goes into storage to be used if and when I lose time because of bad weather, illness, whatever.

Yeah, I know, it’s pretty damned AWESOME isn’t it?

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.64 miles (or, 12,331 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>823.63 miles (avg. of 5.38 miles per day)

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>255.37 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: