Friday, August 3, 2012

YES!! Another Awesome Doubleheader!!


TGIF everyone!!! Have a great weekend all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

I am sooooo happy to share with you that Billi Pod had a great time yesterday in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

First on his agenda was KINGDOM OF THE SHORE, the staged reading of a comedic drama about what to do with a house that has been a family's summer retreat for over fifty years. Featured in the stellar cast were Kathleen Chalfant and Tom Wopat.

This was both thought-provoking and engrossing but a bit long at 2 hours and 30 minutes. I am confident that issue will be addressed.

I saw this with my buddies Michael Pederson and Dennis Dohman who are friends of the playwright Terrence Lamude.

When the reading was over Michael, Dennis and I leisurely walked from the 8th Avenue studio up to 420 W. 42nd Street so that I could prove to them once-and-for-all that Billi Pod does indeed live on the penthouse floor (41), in apartment PHC.

I am happy to report that after touring the apartment, checking out the awesome views and imbibing on my libation-of-choice, Fresca, they mostly acknowledged my residential status.

However ... it was also suggested that I was actually just apartment-sitting. Oh well ...

Anyway ... then it was time for dinner, so we again leisurely walked, this time up to 46th Street to Restaurant Row for our 8:00pm reservation at Joe Allen, the world famous restaurant. As I posted yesterday, this is one of my favorite Theater District restaurants.

As anticipated, the restaurant was virtually empty because all of theatergoing crowd had departed. We spent the next 90+ minutes talking about our pasts, telling stories, making jokes etc. etc. etc. The food was excellent, as usual, including to-die-for deserts.

So Michael and Dennis==>It was great being with you guys.

Today’s entertainment event is ... 

8:00==>BRING IT ON: THE MUSICAL - “The story of the challenges and unexpected bonds formed through the thrill of extreme competition in a cheerleading contest. A colorful but controversial crew of characters perform explosive choreography and aerial stuntwork.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket).

This Broadway show just opened to mostly very positive reviews. My theater-buddy Marty Kosarik loved the show so Billi Pod is really looking forward to seeing it.

Tonight @ 7:05pm, out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, the first-place Bronx Bombers begin a 3-game series against the Seattle Mariners.

On the mound for The Yankees will be our ace CC Sabathia (10-3) vs. Kevin Millwood (4-8) for Seattle.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, Billi Pod feels the need for a walk and wander session, so he will post this now and then head out.

Oh ... as you can see ... Alex and Gina are indeed raising my darling great-granddaughter Saylor correctly ...









Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.43 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”







No comments: