Tuesday, August 28, 2012

TJ & Dave==>A


It is a very nice day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

As part of the internet research that I do for all of you loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace, I sometimes uncover things that may shed light on some of the deepest mysteries of life ... like this one ... 


Yes ... you are so very welcome.

I am happy to report that last night’s entertainment event was excellent ... 

TJ & DAVE, one hour of unscripted long-form improv==>A.

It was gut busting funny. They are so talented and they had the sold-out house roaring with laughter from the moment they took the stage. The hour flew by. I am soooooooo glad I saw them again.

Since the starting time for the show was 9:00pm I decided that I would walk down to The Village. I usually don’t walk long distances before a show because I don’t want to arrive at my theater all sweaty and icky but the weather was nice and I had plenty of time to rather leisurely stroll the 2.6 miles down to The Village, so I did.

On the way I listened to the YANKEES/TORONTO game on my trusty but now ancient Walkman and the Bronx Bombers were leading 6-3 going into the top of the 7th as I went into the Barrow Street Theatre for my show. Nice!!

Well, one hour later I was horrified to learn that The Bronx Bombers had turned into The Bronx Bummers when our closer Rafael Soriano blew the save and we ended up losing 8-7 in 11 innings. Bummer!!

And ... double-bummer ... Mark Teixeira had to leave the game with a strained calf muscle. He will be lost for at least a week and perhaps two weeks.

Remember that last week I posted that Billi Pod had a bad feeling in his gut about the remainder of the season? Yeah ... I know ... now he really does!

And, of course ... 

My entertainment event for this evening is ...

7:05==>YANKEES/BLUE JAYS at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, for game 2 of the series.

Pitching for the Yankees will be Phil Hughes (12-11) vs. Ricky Romero (8-11) for Toronto.

Still have a few leftover chores to do, so will post this now and try to get them done.

Yes, I have deliberately avoided any comments/observations about the upcoming Republican National Convention ... because .... it just ain’t worth the time and effort ...

OMFG!!==>yesterday was my 8th consecutive 6-mile day!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.75 miles (or, 14,752 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>265.68

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>813.32

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: