Saturday, August 25, 2012

My MOSTLY MOZART Concert Was Wonderful!!


I hope all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers are having a great weekend. Keep on keeping on everyone.

I know that the last several postings have begun with some rather deep issues for you to ponder, so Billi Pod decided to lighten up just a bit with ... 


You are sooooooooo welcome.

Last night’s MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA concert @ Avery Fisher Hall was wonderful, especially Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto, performed by internationally renowned soloist Martin Frost.

Watching him perform certainly brought back happy memories of my years of playing the clarinet and serving as Solo Clarinet in the Summerlin Institute band. That was a long long time ago.

The closing piece was Beethoven’s Mass in C major and it was beautifully performed by the orchestra, vocal soloists and the Concert Chorale of New York.

As I posted yesterday, this was the final program in the MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL and I am so glad I was there. Oh, and my seat was excellent, in the rear orchestra.

When the concert was over I walked back to my apartment on West 42nd Street while listening to the final innings of the YANKEES/INDIANS game on my beloved but now ancient Walkman.

The Yankees got a terrific return outing from ace CC Sabathia. He went 7 1/3 innings, giving up only 1 run on only 4 hits and striking out 9.

We won 3-1. Nick Swisher drove in all 3 runs on a double and his 19th homer.

Tonight is game 2 of the series and it will be Hiroki Kuroda (12-8) for the Yankees vs. Justin Masterson (9-11) for Cleveland.

While we are talking about sports, let me pose this question to you==>is there anything more boring than NFL preseason games? I think not!

Billi Pod is really looking forward to tonight’s entertainment event, which is ...

7:30==>IF THERE IS I HAVEN’T FOUND IT YET - “In this dark comedy Jake Gyllenhaal, making his American stage debut, is a foul-mouth drifter who forms an unexpected bond with his unpopular niece, much to the consternation of her parents.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket).

Wow, Jake Gyllenhaal!! The show is in very early previews so there is no advance buzz other than the usual when someone is about to make a debut appearance. Looking forward to it.

Yesterday afternoon I went on an Upper Westside walking excursion with 2 of my AA buddies, X & Y (you know who you are) and that ultimately resulted in Billi Pod having his 5th consecutive 6-mile day. WOW!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.44  miles

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>246.20

Mileage remaining until  4/23/13==>832.80

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: