Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Monday==>A Blah Day


Yeah, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... Monday was very much a blah day for Billi Pod because, at the last minute, he ditched his plans for a movie and instead stayed in to watch ... tada ...

YANKEES/DETROIT and what a total bummer it was. Detroit’s ace Justin Verlander totally owned The Wankies and we lost 7-2 in a game we were never in. He was that dominant. Our 2 runs were unearned, coming on a fielding error Verlander committed in the top of the 5th inning. He struck out 14 Wankies.

Ivan Nova had another pitiful outing, giving up 7 runs in 5 1/3 innings. Barf!!

Tonight’s game is at 7:05pm and it will be Phil Hughes (11-8) on the mound for the Wankies vs. Rick Porcello (8-6) for the Tigers. 

Folks ... many of us in The Yankee Universe are getting extremely concerned about what the rest of the season and the post-season holds for the Yankees as they continue to have dormant bats in crucial points in the game and are totally dominated by good pitchers such as Felix Hernandez aka King Felix and Justin Verlander, who they will probably face in the post-season.

I know ... I know ... still a long way to go and all of that ... but I just needed to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers Billi Pod’s gut feelings and concerns.

Moving on to ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is ... 

8:00==>MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is: Schubert/Berio - Rendering; and, Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 5 “Emperor.” (complimentary ticket)

Yeah ... really looking forward to this. When the concert is over I will, of course, walk back to PHC.

I want to thank everyone out there for the mostly favorable responses I have gotten about my just announced 1,079 mile challenge/adventure.

I did get one very negative response from an otherwise loyal and faithful reader (whose identity I won’t reveal) who emailed me the following (unedited):

“Yo bro. First u bore us with shows??? no one has ever heard of or cares bout. Then u pour on tons of yankee-shit. Now u gonna write bout walking???? WTF??? Still luv u tho cause u my bro.”

Well ... on that happy note I will close with what will soon become, hopefully, the usual walking stats ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.70 miles
Total mileage since 7/1/12==>147.60
Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>931.40

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: