Friday, August 24, 2012

Thursday’s Doubleheader==>AWESOME!!


TGIF for all of my Worker Bee friends out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

Let’s start with something for you to ponder ...


You know, this thought actually crossed my mind too.

Anyway ... moving on to sharing with you loyal and faithful readers and followers my report cards on my awesome Thursday doubleheader, beginning with my final Fringe Festival show, with the usual grading system ...

G==>for good;
B==>for bad; and
?==>for “I have no f**king clue.” 

NON-EQUITY - THE MUSICAL, about six actors living the life of a non-union actor in NYC==>G.

A totally  enjoyable musical romp with a terrific ensemble cast headed by Danielle Trzcinski, who is a performer and the book and lyrics writer.

The audience was really into the show and I left the theater with a big smile on my face.

As I posted yesterday, the show is playing down in The West Village. When it was over I walked back to my apartment on West 42nd Street. The weather was great and it felt good.

After showering and having my usual fruit and cheese plate, it was time to head over to the Theater District for my second show, which was ...

CHAPLIN, the musical that reveals the man behind the legend, from his rise from the slums of London to the heights of Hollywood as the beloved "little tramp" and beyond==>A

What a pleasant surprise. I really had no advance expectations about this show and ... I loved everything about it. My discounted ticket was in the rear orchestra. Excellent.

The cast is terrific, especially Rob McClure in the lead role. The full-house audience gave the cast a well-deserved roaring standing ovation at curtain call.

The show is in very early previews so I am confident it will get even better over time. It opens on September 10th.

I hope it can find an audience. 

Billi Pod says==>See it.

Tonight the Yankees begin a 3-game series in Cleveland against the Indians.

Our ace CC Sabathia (12-3), coming off the 15-day DL, will be on the mound for the Yankees vs. Corey Kubler (0-2) for the Indians.

The sport's sections of all 3 local papers are filled with articles about what a real threat the Rays are and how our starting rotation is so fragile. Yeah, I know ... and Billi Pod has a very bad feeling deep in his gut about the remainder of the season.

No, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... I am not being overly dramatic ... I really do have a bad feeling about what is happening in The Yankee Universe, I really do.

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

8:00==>MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is: Mozart - Clarinet Concerto; and, Beethoven - Mass in C Major. (discounted TDF ticket).

This is the final program in this excellent summertime series.

When the concert is over I will, as usual, walk back to PHC while listening to the final innings of the Yankees/Cleveland game.

Yesterday was another pretty awesome walking day ... my 4th consecutive 6-mile day. Wow!! Gonna have to force myself to take a day off pretty soon, just to be safe ... I guess ... anyway ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.20  miles

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>239.76

Mileage remaining until  4/23/13==>839.24

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: