Saturday, August 4, 2012

BRING IT ON: THE MUSICAL==>A+


I hope all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers are having a great weekend because Billi Pod certainly is.

It all started last night with my entertainment event, the recently opened Broadway show ...

BRING IT ON: THE MUSICAL, about competing High School cheerleading squads==>A+

I loved loved EVERYTHING about it! There is an incredible young cast headed by Taylor Louderman, Adrienne Warren, Elle McLemore and Ryann Redmond, with amazing choreography/gymnastics and staging.

The music and lyrics immediately catch your attention and the storyline is intriguing.

My discounted ticket was in the front mezzanine, row D, and that was excellent.

Folks, there is no way for me to adequately describe the physicality involved in most of the cheerleading routines. Suffice it to say that they make SPIDERMAN look like a kindergarten production and it was all done without wiring and/or safety nets.

There were lots of young people in the audience and those that I could see were literally sitting on the edge of their seats for the entire show.

The show is now on Broadway following an extensive road tour and it is my understanding that it is a limited run ... so ....

Billi Pod says==>See this show ASAP!!

Yes, the show put me in a good mood, which was bolstered by the YANKEE/SEATTLE game, won by the Yankees 6-3 on an outstanding complete game performance from our ace CC Sabathia.

This leads me to today, which will be yet another doubleheader for Billi Pod, starting with ...

1:05==>YANKEES/SEATTLE, game #2 at Yankee Stadium, The House The Greed And Ego Built.

Hiroki Kuroda (10-7) will be on the mound for the Yankees vs. Felix Hernandez aka King Felix (9-5) for the Mariners.

When the game is over I will come back to PHC, shower, change clothes and then head uptown for the second part of my doubleheader, which is ...

8:00==>MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall. “The program is: Beethoven’s Symphony No. 2 and Haydn’s Nelson Mass.” (complimentary ticket)

Yeah I know ... “Mostly Mozart” but no works by Mozart. No matter because I love both pieces on the program.

I have a feeling that my comp. seat will be in the nosebleed section, but again no matter ...

In closing ... A huge shoutout to my oldest grandson Alex Falletta aka Army Guy and his lovely wife Gina, who are celebrating their TENTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!! I was honored to have presided over their wedding ceremony. Yeah, they are still together and Granddaddy is still alive and well==>AWESOME!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.31 miles

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: