Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wednesday Was Indeed A Strange Day


Good morning all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers. I have posted something for all of my readers and followers who are on FaceBook to consider ...



You are so very welcome.

Boy, was yesterday a strange day. It started with my first entertainment event for the day’s doubleheader, which was ... 

DREAM BABIES, a musical about teenagers living in foster care. It was DREADFUL and that is giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Now don’t get me wrong ... I am totally in favor of shows that give young performers exposure at the beginning of their careers and I account for things like nervousness and inexperience. But I can’t accept lack of talent and basically this is what doomed this production for me and many of the rather small audience in the cavernous performance space at The Theater at St. Clement’s.

At the end of the seemingly forever, almost 90 minute long, first act I was outta there. I was not alone in my exit.

The weather got progressively worse and I began to have deep concerns about the second part of my entertainment doubleheader, the 7:05pm YANKEES/RANGERS game out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

The weather forecasts were for storms and lightning for most of the Tri-State area. I kept monitoring the situation out in the Bronx but there was no mention of whether the game was to be delayed or postponed.

I usually leave for the game at 6:00 but at 6:00 it was raining in Midtown Manhattan. I was really conflicted about whether to head out or just wait-and-see.

At 6:30 I decided to give it a shot, so I headed out, this time carrying an umbrella. It began to rain harder and, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I have to tell you that about halfway to the Port Authority Bus Terminal I stopped and started walking back to PHC.

Then the inner-baseball-fan took over and Billi Pod turned around and continued on to the Port Authority.

Made excellent time out to The Bronx. Got there at 7:00 and ... tada ... it was raining. Thank God I had my umbrella because I would have been drenched going from the subway station to the stadium.

I went to my seat ... as you know, it is beneath an overhang and thus protected from the elements. Of course the tarp was on the infield. Thank God I had remembered to fully charge my iPhone because I spent most of the time playing solitaire and texting.

Well, long boring story somewhat shorter, there was an hour and 45 minute delay but the game finally started at 8:50pm. WHEW!!

The game was excellent baseball with a stellar performance from journeyman pitcher Freddy Garcia who went 6 2/3 innings, giving up 2 runs on 4 hits. We scored 3 runs in the 3rd inning on hits from Swisher, Granderson and Chavez and that was the margin of victory. We won 3-2 for our 3rd consecutive win over The Rangers, the best hitting team in The American League.

The 4th game of the series will be this afternoon at 1:05 with Ivan Nova (11-6) on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Derek Holland (7-6) for The Rangers.

It was midnight when the last out was made. I finally got back to PHC at 12:50am. Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I was tired and starving.

Heated up some pizza, had my usual Fresca, and reflected on what an unusual day/evening it had been for Billi Pod in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

It was almost 3:00am when I finally crashed.

Today’s entertainment events will be ... 

Stay in to watch the 1:05 YANKEES/RANGERS game and then for the evening it will be a Fringe Festival show ...

 6:30==>DOGS: A BITING COMEDY - “A theater director sets out to create an Arab-Jewish Romeo & Juliet musical but the rehearsal room soon becomes a battlefield and the production threatens to be a hysterically spectacular disaster.” (Fringe Festival - $9.00 TDF ticket))

The show has a running time of 1:30 and is playing at a venue down in The West Village. I will probably walk back to PHC after the show.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.71 miles

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>195.84

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>883.16

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”





No comments: