Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Great Concert Last Night & A Very Important Link.


It is a beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, so Billi Pod will post this and then head out for a walk-and-wander session, probably in the Upper Westside.

But first, I want all of you loyal and faithful readers and followers who are Harry Potter fans to give this some thought ...


Good question, right?

I am so happy to report that last night’s MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA concert @ Avery Fisher Hall was wonderful, especially the final number, Mozart’s Symphony No. 41 (“Jupiter”).

I had an excellent seat in the First Tier.

As planned, when the excellent concert was over I walked back to PHC while listening to the last innings of the YANKEES/WHITE SOX game on my now ancient Walkman.

Well, that game was anything but excellent. We lost 7-3.

Ivan Nova was terrible as he continues his downward spiral, giving up a grand slam to our former Boston F**kSox nemesis Kevin Youkillis. I still don’t understand why he was traded to the White Sox.

Nova is now 1-5 in his last 8 starts and may be headed to the minors when Sabathia returns.

Fortunately, the Rays lost, too, so our lead over them remains at 4-games.

Tonight the White Sox go for the sweep. It will be Phil Hughes (12-10) on the mound for the Yankees vs. Chris Sale (14-4) for the White Sox.

Today will be an interesting entertainment day ...

First I will meet up with my theater-buddies Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka What’s His Name or whatever, for an early dinner at their favorite Fallopian restaurant, Meske, located on 47th Street in my Hell’s Kitchen 'hood.

Yeah, I know, it will be my second time there in four days, but it was My Lady’s decision so I had no choice. 

Actually, I am beginning to like Fallopian food. Still don't understand what it is that I am eating, but ...

Then, for the evening is ... 

8:00==>DANNY AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA - “A man and a woman, both lonely outcasts and in desperate need of a change, meet in a bar. He is violent and possibly homicidal, she is tormented and possibly suicidal; each is transformed by the love of the other.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

This is playing at the ATA Sargent Theater on West 54th Street, one of my least favorite Off Broadway venues.

Why, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... the space looks bad, feels bad, smells bad and usually has pretty bad shows. Why then am I going there tonight ... beats the Hell out of me ... I just am ... stay tuned.

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, The Republican National Convention will be next week, down in Tampa, FL. 

There is a really interesting article in this week’s VILLAGE VOICE that discusses, among other things, the leak of a document that reveals the secrets of the GOP’s coded language.

The article is called HOW TO SPEAK REPUBLICAN and I have provided a link below:


Folks out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks, and especially my Worker Bee friends, you need to take a moment and click on the link and read this article so you can better understanding what will be going on down there and why.

You are so very welcome.

Man, yesterday was another nice day for my walking adventure/challenge as I added a few more “extra” miles to my storage locker ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.53  miles

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>227.26

Mileage remaining until  4/23/13==>851.74

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


1 comment:

Erin Cronican said...

Thanks so much for coming out to see DANNY AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA. I sure hope you liked the show! (We have extra air freshener on hand when we rent the space...) :)