Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monday==>A Day With Friends

Yesterday was a day of being with longtime friends.


I first went to Bartow Memorial Hospital to see Jack Davis and I am happy to report that he appeared to be in a lot better condition. It is, however, still extremely doubtful whether he will ever completely recover enough to be released from the hospital. Dammit!!

Then I drove over to Lakeland and had lunch with my former law partner Buddy Campbell. We had a lot of catching up to do and it was a nice time together.


For the evening was dinner with friends at a house located in the Lakeland Highlands. I had asked the hosts, whose names I cannot remember at the moment, to have name tags for all of the guests ... but they didn’t honor my request ... but Billi Pod was resourceful and made notes on a napkin as the guests where introduced to him. It is, however, extremely difficult to make notes when someone is kissing the back of your right hand ... but I tried ... so ...


I know you loyal and faithful readers are interested in who was on the very restricted guest list ... so here goes (from Billi Pod’s notes, of course) ...


Rick & Jam Fudzina


Naggie & Tim Manditalker


Ron & Merry Crossed


Rue Gently


Marilyn Bulmer


Kim Prickland


Rob Jung


Me - Billi Pod


When the dinner was over Billi Pod gave the guests permission to leave and then he came back to The Holiday Inn Express in Bartow, FL, in Polk F**king County aka PFC, to watch the last half of the BAMA/LSU BCS Championship game.


As you loyal and faithful readers know==>Bama kicked butt as their defense totally shut down the Tiger’s offense. Good because Billi Pod hates Tigers.

This morning I drove over to Winter Haven to have a final goodbye with Gina, Alex and Saylor. I still can hardly believe that I am a Great-granddaddy and that this darling little girl is ours. AWESOME!!


It was also nice to finally have some one-on-one face time with Army Guy. He will be heading back to Kuwait on the 19th. He gave me an awesome present which I will photograph and post about when I get back to The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


I am, obviously, at the gate at Tampa International waiting for my 6:15pm flight. I will post this and then do some crosswords or something ... later ...


GO GINA! G0 ALEX!! GO SAYLOR!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

ALEX-140

No comments: