Wednesday, January 4, 2012

ALEX MADE IT!!

Alex arrived safely at Tampa airport late yesterday afternoon, ending his mega-long flight from Kuwait. Thank You God!


Gina met him at the airport. She had driven over there by herself because she/they wanted some “alone” time before the hordes of family and friends descend on them.


I have a 7:00am car service pickup tomorrow morning to begin my trip down to Polk F**king County aka PFC.


We have a family dinner scheduled for Thursday at Gina’s dad’s (Dave) place in Winter Haven. Gina has been staying there and will remain there after the baby is born, until Alex returns ... probably in May.


Gina will go into the hospital in Lakeland at 7:30pm on Friday and we are “expecting” the little Falletta sometime on Saturday. Great-granddaddy-hood is almost here. AWESOME!!


My dear friends Maggie and Jim Vandewalker are hosting a small dinner party in my “honor” on Monday night and I am really looking forward to it.


I will try to post timely on this blog but I know I will have other things and stuff on my mind that may keep me from it. I will, however ... most likely ... post daily on my FaceBook Wall.


Now on to other stuff ...

It is freezing cold in the Big Apple==>13º @ 7:30am - wind chill down to . It has warmed up to 17º @ 11:00am.


Unfortunately the cold wave has also made its way down South but the forecast is for much better weather down there for the weekend and following week. Hope it is correct.


Nothing scheduled yet for tonight. Unless something really interesting shows up within easy walking distance I will remain in the cozy confines of PHC because the wind is really gusting off of the Hudson River and it is extremely unpleasant outside.


Billi Pod’s report cards on last night’s Broadway show ...


RELATIVELY SPEAKING - “Three one-act comedies about mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, parents and children, written by Ethan Coen, Elaine May and Woody Allen.”


Ethan Coen==>D<==please stop writing plays - ‘nuff said.


Elaine May==>C<== some parts were funny and the acting was pretty good.


Woody Allen==>B<==funny but totally unbelievable story line but then it is written by Woody Allen. The cast was uniformly excellent.


So ... will next report to you loyal and faithful readers from down there in PFC ...


GO GINA AND GO ALEX!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-133

No comments: