Monday, January 9, 2012

Billi Pod And His Awesome Great-Granddaughter

Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers.


Yesterday Billi Pod went to the hospital to visit Little Falletta and her parents (who have now taken a back seat on the importance scale) where I met up with Bill III aka The Bill, who drove down from Orlando.


The picture pretty much says it all==>little Saylor and her Great-granddaddy. Folks ... it doesn’t get any better than this.


The hospital has a 4-visitor-at-a-time post-birth limit, so while I was there it was me, The Bill, and Chris aka Topher and his girlfriend Ashley. It was awesome to actually have this day-old baby in my arms and to see all of her tiny features and stuff. We took tons and tons of pictures.


This picture is The Bill and Saylor.


Gina was doing well although she was still experiencing some stomach discomfort. All of the guys agreed that there was no way a male would be able to handle what the female goes through during the birthing process. This is why, of course, God is a male.


When our visiting time was over we split and went our respective ways. Billi Pod came back to The Holiday Inn Express in Bartow, FL, located in Polk F**king County aka PFC and settled in to watch the BRONCOS/STEELERS game.


Man ... you couldn’t have scripted a more exciting ending than Timmy’s 80yd TD pass to win the game on the first (and last) play of overtime.


Folks, as Billi Pod has repeatedly said in this blog==>BELIEVE!!


Now ... about today ...


I have just gotten back from having a great lunch with my former law partner Buddy Campbell. Buddy retired from The Second District Court of Appeals and became “of counsel” to a law firm in Lakeland that deals mostly with personal injury litigation. He is well, happy and healthy. He is also 3 years older than moi. We had a lot of catching up to do and I am soooooooo glad he took the time to track me down and invite me.


I might add that he proclaims to be an avid (actually avid is my choice of words) reader of Billi Pod Blogs.


Tonight will be another entertainment event. My dear friends Maggie and Jim Vandewalker are hosting a dinner party in my honor and I am really looking forward to seeing some old friends. Billi Pod hopes they will all be wearing name tags.


Tonight is also the TIGERS/BAMA BCS Championship game, finally. Billi Pod will be pulling for Bama because The Bill is a huge Bama fan (why is it though ... I can root for his teams but he can never ever root for The Gators??) and Billi Pod also hates Tigers. ROLL TIDE!!


BREAKING NEWS #1==>Saylor and Gina have just been released from the hospital and they are heading to Winter Haven. I will drop by there tomorrow on my way to Tampa International for my evening flight back to The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


BREAKING NEWS #2==>I have just renewed my Yankee 41-game season ticket package. Was able to finally get a seat under an overhang ... but ... unfortunately, it is in a different section ... this time on the 3rd base side. Will miss being with my buddies but ... I am happy and very satisfied with the new location.


GO SAYLOR! GO GINA! GO ARMY GUY!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

ALEX-139

No comments: