Friday, January 20, 2012

Confession Time==>Billi Pod Is Sometimes A Wimp ... gasp ...

What does this mean, you loyal and faithful readers are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ...


This morning I had a “session” with my dentist, Dr. Steven Gualtieri, whose office is in Midtown East, close to where I once lived.


Dr. G. is an excellent dentist, highly professional and very patient-orientated and I have been seeing him for over 10 years ... but ... OMFG!! It still doesn’t make it any easier for Billi Pod, who is such a f**king wimp, to be reclined in that dental chair, mouth wide open, staring at a drill and silently praying for salvation. Yes ... even willing to sell what is left of his soul to the Devil to make it all go away. Wimp!!


Yes, the procedure ... a second filling ... was virtually pain free and was completed in less than 45 minutes ... but ... as usual ... I felt mentally and emotionally drained when it was over and Billi Pod was ... shamefully ... afloat in wimpdom.


I staggered back to PHC and flopped down on the couch and immediately went to sleep and slept for over an hour and a half ... which ... as you loyal and faithful readers know ... is something Billi Pod almost never ever does ...


Feel a lot better now although the area is still a bit numb. Thank God this was my final session. I hate being such a wimp.


OK ... OK ... I know ... l know ... no one likes going to the dentist (except the Bill Murray character in the movie “Little Shop of Horrors") and this is totally boring and uninteresting ... so ... Billi Pod will move on to ...

Last night’s American Cancer Society A TRIBUTE TO HOROWITZ @ Carnegie Hall was entertaining but overly long due to awards and “thank you’s” to everyone in the World.


It was hosted by Donald Trump, who pledged $100,000, and stage and screen star Julie Andrews, each of whom received "Lifetime Achievement Awards" from The Society.


The house was sold-out, and, as I had anticipated ... my comp. seat was in the upper balcony.


When the awards and thank-you’s were finally over the music part of the program started. The featured performer, Lola Astanova, started off with 3 works by Chopin and they were excellent ... but ... in the name of fair and unbiased reporting ... I have to admit that for me, solo piano works get a bit tiresome after awhile.


Oh, don’t get me wrong ... I love piano works with orchestras but ... solo piano concerts are not my forte.


Intermission came at approximately 9:45pm and the second portion of the program was to be works by Scriabin and Rachmaninov. Billi Pod made a judgment call that he had had enough so he headed for the stairs down to the exit, 5 floors below. He was joined by a steady stream of like-minded folks, too.


Don’t get me wrong ... I am glad I went and the first part was entertaining but ... enough was enough ...

Anyway ... moving on ... tonight Billi Pod will return to Carnegie Hall for yet another classical music concert ...


8:00==>AMERICAN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall - Stravinsky Outside Russia. “Six pieces that represent Russian composer Igor Stravinsky’s work in France, Venice, Los Angles, and beyond.” (complimentary ticket)


This sounds interesting. I like Stravinsky’s work.


Hummmmmm ... think I feel the need to return to wimpland ... perhaps to even suck my thumb for awhile... so will close this posting out ...


Oh ... it was 23º @ 8:00am and it hasn’t risen above 30º as of 4:00pm, as I write this posting. Snow is predicted for later in the day/evening - burrrrrrrrr!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-150

No comments: