Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Update and Billi Pod’s Dilemma

OH YES!!==>The Giants kicked butt yesterday in frigid Lambeau Field, eliminating the reigning Super Bowl Champion 15-1 Packers on a gutsy performance from Eli Manning and a smothering defense. Manning made all of the crucial clutch throws, including a ‘Hail Mary’ to clinch the victory.


The front page headlines in the three local daily newspapers pretty much says it all ...


“AMEN - Eli tosses ‘Hail Mary,’ crushes Packers.” - NY Post


“SUPER MANN - Eli’s Giants one away from Big Game.” - Daily News


“ONE STOP FROM THE SUPER BOWL - Hakeem Nicks and the Giants stunned the Green Bay Packers 37-20.” - NY Times


On this coming Sunday the Giants will face the 49ers in San Francisco in the NFC title game. The winner will advance to Super Bowl XLVI. The Niners are currently 2.5 point favorites.


Moving on to ...


Yesterday’s PSALMS AND SONGS FOR THE NEW YEAR @ Avery Fisher Hall was a very enjoyable entertainment event.


My comp. seat was super-excellent, in the orchestra, row U, on the aisle. AWESOME.

Kinda funny happening just before the concert began - a senior citizen lady was slowly coming down the aisle on her walker when her cellphone started to ring. She seemed to be totally oblivious that it was ringing. She just kept shuffling forward. Finally an usher came up to senior lady, asked for her huge purse and removed the phone. But ... she couldn’t figure out how to turn it off. Senior lady was continuing down the aisle. The phone was still ringing in the hands of the usher.


Finally an audience member, a 20-something guy, took charge and turned it off. The usher caught up to senior lady and put the phone back in her purse. There was a scattering of applause. Senior lady still seemed to be totally unaware about what had just happened.


You loyal and faithful readers remember my earlier posting and observations about this same subject/issue and senior citizens? Well ... I rest my case. I am, however, not making fun of senior lady for being at the concert. I am just commenting on the problems we senior citizens have with today's technology.


It is still majorly cold in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World==>17º @ 8:30am. Billi Pod may have to put his usual errands and stuff on hold.

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...


7:00==>THE PEACEMAKERS CONCERT @ Carnegie Hall - “This world premiere of the work by Karl Henkins weaves together texts from several of history’s greatest peacemakers, including Ghandi, Martin Luther King Jr., The Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela and Mother Theresa. The performance will feature over 300 musicians and choir members.” (complimentary ticket)


I suspect that my comp. seat will be in the upper nosebleed section, but no matter since the acoustics in Carnegie Hall are truly awesome - so much better than Avery Fisher Hall, the home of The New York Philharmonic.


I don’t know how many of you loyal and faithful readers will ever ‘fess up to making unwise decisions ... but ... since Billi Pod has to live up to his reputation as a fair and unbiased reporter ... he has an admission to make.


What, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... it goes down like this ...


As you will no doubt recall, in one of my postings from PFC aka Polk F**King County I made reference to visiting my storage unit to retrieve a painting that I was interested in shipping up to PHC. My intention was to retrieve only one, a rather large painting that I bought about 45 years ago and it is my absolutely favorite.


When I got to storage I started going through the other paintings and most of them were things that I had painted way back in my “artistic” period in 1975-76. I have 10 of them already on the walls of PHC.


Well, long story short ... I shipped the large painting ... plus ... gasp ... 6 other paintings that I had done. And ... they just arrived and I have just finished unpacking them and here they are.


The top picture is the large painting and the other two are my paintings ...
































My dilemma is, of course ... where the f**k am I going to put them all? I basically have room for the large painting but not the others, which several also need to be framed. I am virtually out of closet space and this building does not have a tenant storage area.


If I put them under the bed ... then what was the purpose of going to the trouble and expense to ship them up here?


And, whatever I decide I am gonna need help in putting them on the walls, wherever they go.


Oh well ... I have made my confession ... and ... it has now warmed up to 30º so I think I will bundle up and head out to the grocery store.


GO GINA! GO ARMY GUY!! GO SAYLOR!!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-146

No comments: