Monday, September 21, 2015

Yankees/Mets - Dinner with Bill - Medical Update


Monday==>Good morning my loyal and faithful readers and followers. Let’s get started with ...

Last night at Citi Field in Flushing, NY, the Yankees delivered an 11-2 ass-whipping to the NL East leading Mets on an excellent outing from CC Sabathia, clutch hitting from Carlos Beltran, HRs from Dustin Ackley and Greg Bird, and sloppy defense by the Mets.

It was a very exciting game to watch, for a Yankee fan.

The win gave the Yankees a 2-1 record in the Subway Series and allowed them to pull within 2.5 games of the Blue Jays for the lead in the AL East.

It also sets up an critical 3-game series against the Blue Jays, beginning tonight at 7:07pm in Toronto.

On the mound for the Yankees (82-66) will be Adam Warren (6-6) vs. David Price (16-5) for the Blue Jays (85-64). Price has a career record of 12-7 against the Bronx Bombers.

Of course, your favorite Sunshine State blogger will be in front of his 42” flat screen TV biting his nails and watching the game.

Moving on ...

Last night my son Bill III aka The Bill and I had a great meal at our favorite Winter Park restaurant, Outback Steakhouse, on Aloma Drive. We both had sirloin steaks and they were excellent.

On the way back to my apartment we made the usual stop at Krispy Kreme to pick up the some sinfully delicious chocolate glazed donuts.

Moving on some more ...

This afternoon at 2:15pm I have “Pre-Admission Testing” (whatever in the f**k that means) at Florida Hospital in Orlando, in preparation for the biopsy procedure tomorrow.

I will Uber to and from the hospital.

Then, tomorrow at 8:00am I report to the hospital. I have been advised that the procedure will probably begin around 10:00am. I will be zonked out.

It is an out-patient procedure and I should be ready for release around 3:00pm.

As some of you will remember, Bill is the coach of the Lake Howell High School’s Boys Golf Team. Well, tomorrow they have an away tournament ... so ... we have made arrangements for our friend Renzy Hanshaw to pick me up and take me back to the apartment.

I now have an appointment with my oncologist, Raul Castilla, scheduled for 10:15am on Wednesday, September 30th. Bill will be with me for this.

Hopefully I will finally get a complete diagnosis/prognosis and then a plan for me to ...

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

In closing==>I will not post on this blog tomorrow but I will on Wednesday, I promise.

Oh ... speaking of Wednesday ... I am having lunch with my dear friend, Nick Sudzina, who is, as you know, the Trial Court Administrator for the Tenth Judicial Circuit, in Bartow, FL. Really looking forward to some much needed/wanted facetime and catching-up.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Yesterday’s mileage==>4.19 miles (or, 9,176 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>28.33 miles (average 4.05 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>1,068.43 miles (average 4.06 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: