Thursday, September 24, 2015

Billi Pod Updates - Nick Sudzina - Yogi Berra - Clint Curtis


Thursday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite Sunshine State blogger is alive and feeling mostly well following his surgical procedure on Tuesday.

I hope you will understand that he just hasn’t felt like sitting in front of this ‘puter and writing ... but ... he does recognize his obligations to keep you informed ... so ... without further ado ... let’s get started with an update, in summary form ... beginning with ...

Tuesday. I was up at 6:00am. Ubered to Florida Hospital in downtown Orlando. Was at the checkin area at the scheduled 8:00am. Lots and lots of paperwork and signing and initialing etc.

Taken back to the surgery area. More paper work and “interviews” with nurses, assistants and doctors. 

Was zonked out around 10:00am and was back in recovery about 10:30am.

Woke up. Felt amazingly good. No pain.

Checkout process began with tons and tons of more paperwork, interviews, and post-op instructions.

Basically I was told to just take it easy, not shower for 48 hours and cut back on the walking for 3 full days.

My dear friend, Renzy Hanshaw, arrived and I was released to him around 12:30pm. Much earlier than I had anticipated. Was back at my apartment around 1:00pm after dropping off a ‘script for pain medicine at Publix.

Thank you Renzy for being such a friend.

In about 30 minutes I slowly walked over to Publix to pick up the med. No pain or dizziness.

When I got back, took one pill just to be safe and then I crashed for about 2 hours.

Spent the evening in front of my TV watching the Yankee/Blue Jays game, won by the Yankees 6-4 in extra innings, on a 3-run HR from rookie Greg Bird.

Didn’t do my usual walking regimen during the game.

After thanking my Higher Power for getting me though the day, I crashed around midnight feeling good but tired.

Wednesday. Woke up around 8:00am. Felt OK ... not great ... but OK. No pain or discomfort.

Walked over to Publix to pick up the daily papers ... no pain or discomfort.

At noon I met up with my dear friend Nike Sudzina, who is the Trial Court Administrator for the Tenth Judicial Circuit, located in Bartow, FL.

We leisurely walked over to Winter Park Village where we had an awesome lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.

We did some much needed/wanted catching up. I especially liked being updated on what was going on in the Tenth Circuit.

I would guess it was around 1:30pm when Nick left.

I suddenly felt very tired so I lay down on the bed and ... OMFG ... it was 5:30pm when I woke up. Have no idea where that came from.

As instructed, I took off the bandage. No bleeding. Was somewhat surprised to discover that the incision was less than an inch long. Wow.

Spent the rest of the day/evening watching baseball, including the final Yankees/Blue Jays game, won by the Jays 4-0 on Russell Martin’s 3-run HR.

The win extended the Jay’s lead over the Yankees in the AL East to 3.5 games and, in my opinion, sealed that part of the post-season race. I still believe, however, that the Yankees will make the playoffs via the wild card.

Didn’t do my usual walking regimen during the games.

Crashed around 1:30am. No pain or discomfort.

Thursday. Woke up around 8:00am. Feeling kinda blah.

Walked over to Publix for the papers.

After having breakfast I suddenly felt drained, so I crashed for about 2 1/2 hours.

It is now 2:30pm and I feel much better.

I think that sleeping issue is a reaction to one the meds prescribed to address the prostate cancer issue(s).

Anyway ... I will continue on my “take-it-easy” program for the remainder of the day. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do a walk and wander session because I am getting really antsy.

As previously reported==>I have an appointment with my oncologist on Wednesday, September 30th, for my diagnosis/prognosis and, hopefully, a plan to do you-know-what.

Will remain in front of my TV this afternoon and tonight watching baseball.

Tonight at 7:05pm from Yankee Stadium, The House that Greed and Ego Built, will be game 1 of the 4-game series against the Chicago White Sox.

On the mound for the Yankees (83-68) will be Michael Pineda (11-8), coming off an excellent game against the Mets vs. Chris Sale (12-10), who is 0-3 in his last four starts, for the Sox (72-80).

I will not do my usual walking regimen during the game.

The Yankee Universe, joined by baseball fans everywhere, are mourning the loss of Yogi Berra, who died on Tuesday at the age of 90.

During his long history, no player won more World Series Championships or better personified the wonder of professional baseball.

He was known for his “Yogi-isms” including my favorites ...

“It ain’t over ‘til it’s over.”

“When you come to a fork in the road ... take it.”

“Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical.”

“You should always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.”

RIP YOGI.

In closing==>On Monday I lost another longtime friend, attorney Clint Curtis, of Lake Wales, FL.

Clint was 83 and lost a long battle with Parkinson’s disease.

He was one of the nicest guys I have ever known. He was a devout family man and an attorney known for his professionalism and knowledge of the law. He will be missed by so many. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to every member of his loving family, especially my high school classmate Flo. She and Clint were married for 62 years.

RIP CLINT.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers you are now up-to-date ... so ... let’s ... 

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Yesterday’s mileage==>2.10 miles (or, 9,176 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>1,076.72 miles (average 4.05 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: