Friday, September 18, 2015

Medical Update - Spamalot - The Donald - Yankee Baseball - Kathi & John


Friday==>A huge TGIF shout-out to all of my Worker Bee friends out there in their cubicles, wait-stations, broom closets etc. etc. in the boondocks, wastelands and hinterlands.

I know you are all anxiously waiting for your weekend to begin ... but ... remember ... as your favorite Sunshine State blogger has reminded you numerous times ... your weekend cannot begin until at least 5:05pm ... and ...

Also remember ... you are under constant surveillance from your bosses who are using state-of-the-art hidden cameras to monitor your every move ...

Anyway==>HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Now, moving on to the important stuff ...

I am happy to report that my appointment yesterday with my surgeon, Sebastian de la Fuente, went very well, despite having to fill out another ream of paperwork.

The next procedure, an excisional lymph node biopsy, is scheduled for this coming Tuesday at Florida Hospital in Orlando. I am expecting a call any minute to give me the exact time.

Thankfully, it will be an out-patient procedure. Whew!!

As a WTF sidenote==>During my session with the doctor there was also 2 young doctors and a nurse present. I wore shorts and a Gator T-shirt for the appointment. As we were finishing up Dr. de la Fuente said to me ... “Oh, by the way, you can’t wear that T-shirt next week.” My response was ... “Oh my God, are you a ‘Nole?” and he responded ... “Yep, big fan.” He is a fan, not a graduate of FSU.

Then we all laughed and I said ... “Oh great, now I can spend the next 6 days worrying about a ‘Nole fan sticking a knife into my belly.” He said ... “Yep, that’s right ... we never miss an opportunity.”

And, we all laughed again. Then one of the young doctors said ... “Don’t worry. I’ll be there for you and I’m a Gator, too” ... and we all laughed as they left the room. 

I had Ubered to the hospital but decided to take the bus back. It cost a dollar.

When I got back to the apartment I have to admit to being emotionally drained. 

This whole “process” has taken much longer than I had anticipated. What I want/need is a final prognosis and then a plan to ...

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

I spent the evening in the cool and comfortable confines of my apartment in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching sports ... baseball and pro football. The Yankees had the night off.

And, speaking of the Yankees ...

Tonight at 7:05pm the Yankees will play the first game of a 3-game Subway Series against the Mets, at Citi Field, in Flushing, NY.

On the mound for the Yankees (80-65) will be our ace Masahiro Tanaka (12-6) vs. Steven Matz (3-0) for the NL East leading Mets (83-63).

In April, the Yankees won two of three against the Mets. In this series the Yankees pretty much have to win at least two games to remain in the hunt for the lead in the AL East.

Of course, Billi Pod plans to watch all three games. Thankfully, the Saturday game is at 1:05pm so it will not conflict with the Gator/Kentucky game at 7:30pm

I have to admit that I have a bad feeling deep in my gut about the Kentucky game, I really do.

Moving on ... 

Billi Pod will now give his loyal and faithful readers and followers his report card on Wednesday’s entertainment event ...

MONTY PYTHON’S SPAMALOT, lovingly ripped off from the classic film Monty Python and The Holy Grail, this saucy musical parody tells the legendary tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. On a quest for the Holy Grail, the Knights encounter flying cows, killer rabbits, and taunting Frenchmen while performing heart-stopping musical numbers. Winner of three Tony Awards including “Best Musical”, SPAMALOT elevates silliness to an art form==>A

Folks, this is a terrific production with a stellar cast of mostly Equity performers, headed by Davis Gaines (the Phantom on Broadway) as King Arthur and Dee Roscioli (Elphaba in “Wicked” on Broadway) as the Lady of the Lake.

The show moves along at lightning speed with a steady stream of belly-laugh-inducing scenes that are often also in-your-face profane.

The house was 98% full and we gave the cast a roaring standing ovation at curtain call.

This well reviewed musical is playing at the Margeson Theater at the Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Orlando, has a running time of 2:25, including intermission, and runs through October 11th.

Billi Pod say==>get thee to this show ASAP!

I Ubered to and from the theater.

Got back to the apartment in time to watch the final hour of the GOP Debate, carried on CNN and ... frankly ... I found it to be boring.

You know, it looks more and more like there is a possibility (remember, I said possibility) that The Donald may actually win the GOP nomination.

If this previously unthinkable event occurs, how about either a Trump/Marco Rubio or a Trump/Carly Fiorina ticket? Think about it.

I will close out this posting on a happy note==>My daughter Kathi Bendeck and her husband, Dr. John, from Columbia, SC, will be in the Orlando area on Sunday for a whirlwind visit here and then down to Bartow. They will head back to Columbia on Wednesday. Really looking forward to seeing them for some much needed/wanted facetime and catching-up.

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!! 

Wednesday’s mileage==>3.74 miles (or, 8,177 steps)

Thursday’s mileage==>3.54 miles (or, 7,756 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>1,056.25 miles (average 4.06 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: