Friday, September 25, 2015

Billi Pod & Normalcy - The Intern - The Yankees - The Gators



Friday==>I am happy to report to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace that your favorite Sunshine State blogger was able to get in a walk and wander session this morning.

Yep ... it was a bit shorter than usual ... only 2.15 miles ... but it was a huge step back in a return to normalcy ...

Hold on there Kemo Sabe ... can the word "normalcy" ever be properly used in connection with Billi Pod and his life and lifestyle? I think not ... but ... remember ... I just report ... you decide.

Anyway ...

Yesterday, after I finished the long overdue posting, I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching baseball.

The Yankees beat the Chicago White Sox 3-2 at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, in the first game of a 4-game series.

We won on an excellent outing from Michael Pineda and a 3-run HR from Carlos Beltran.

The Yankees are 4-games up in the race for the first AL wild card spot.

I did not do the usual walking regimen during any of the games.

Tonight at 7:05pm will be the second game of the 4-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (84-68) will be CC Sabathia (5-9), coming off two consecutive strong starts, vs. Carlos Rodon (8-6), who gave up 8 runs in his last start against the Yanks, for the Sox (72-81).

I plan to do the usual walking regimen during this game.

Moving on ...

My plans for this afternoon will be to see the just opened Robert De Niro/Anne Hathaway movie ...

THE INTERN - “70-year-old widower Ben Whittaker (De Niro) has discovered that retirement isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Seizing an opportunity to get back in the game, he becomes a senior intern at an online fashion site founded and run by Jules Ostin (Hathaway).”

Was kinda surprised that the reviews in today’s papers have been lukewarm but that doesn’t matter to me ... I mean ... Robert De Niro ... Anne Hathaway ... how can I not see this movie?

Then, for the evening, I will do a walk and wander session and then come back to the apartment to watch the Yankee/White Sox game.

Moving on ...

I have to admit that I am beginning to get the usual butterflies in my belly regarding the upcoming Gators/Tennessee game at The Swamp at 3:30pm on Saturday, carried on CBS.

As you Gator fans know, the Vols come into The Swamp with a 10-game losing streak to the Gators. The Vols are favored by 1.5 points.

Our running defense is ranked first in the SEC while their running game is ranked third. It should be quite a battle in the trenches. 

I believe it will be a nail biter until the final whistle.

On this happy note, will post this and then get ready to walk over to the movie theater in Winter Park Village.

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Yesterday’s mileage==>2.17 miles (or, 4,746 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>1,078.89 miles (average 4.04 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: