Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Why, Gods On High? Why? - Something Rotten - Sports


Tuesday==>Are the Gods On High playing games with your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple? 

I mean ... seriously, on Sunday we had the issue of the missing lens and then last night ... well ... it went down like this ...

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, Billi Pod’s entertainment schedule for Monday night was a Broadway show in previews, SOMETHING ROTTEN.

I timely picked up my discounted TDF ticket and was standing in line to get inside the theater. The weather was OK, no problem whatsoever ...

Just as the line began to move I began coughing and sneezing and snot was running nonstop out of my nose. WTF is this? When I got into the theatre I made a quick pit-stop while trying to suppress the flow of snot. Then, the sneezing and coughing stopped. WTF?

Found my seat, which was in the rear mezzanine. My nose stopped running, but ...  as soon as the opening number began, so did the stream of snot. Not good.

Well, I was able to mostly suppress the coughing and sneezing but the nose kept running for the remainder of the performance. Not nice. I apologized to my seat mates but they said I hadn’t been a problem.

It was an excellent show and my report card is below.

At curtain call the runny nose stopped completely and everything was fine as I walked back to the apartment.

Then, as soon as I opened the door to PHC the coughing and sneezing and runny nose began and it has basically continued through the night and up to this very moment, noon, on Tuesday.

Yeah, I feel like shit on the day when I had made a promise to self that I would make contact with a mover and schedule a moving date ...

So==>please ... Gods On High ... just leave me alone ... please ...

Anyway ... 

Let’s move on with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Broadway show ...

SOMETHING ROTTEN, this brand new Broadway musical comedy is about the musical comedy that started it all. Set in the 1590s, it follows Brothers Nick and Nigel Bottom who are desperate to write a hit play but are stuck in the shadow of that Renaissance rock star known as “The Bard.” When a local soothsayer foretells that the future of theatre involves singing, dancing and acting at the same time, Nick and Nigel set out to write the world’s very first musical==>A

I totally loved everything about this show. It is very funny and very well-performed with a bright score and outstanding choreography.

The entire cast is excellent, headed by Brian d’Arcy James as Nick Bottom, John Cariani as the younger brother Nigel Bottom and Christian Borle as Will Shakespeare. All 3 give Tony-worthy performances.

The story line is laced with many insider theatre references/jokes.

The audience was really into the show. There were at least two show-stopping ovations. Lots of younger people in the audience.

I think the critics will like this show and we will have a hit.

Billi Pod says==>you better grab a ticket to this show while it is still in previews.

It opens on April 22nd, is playing at the St. James Theatre on West 44th Street, has a running time of 2:30, with intermission, and is an open run.

Moving on ... quickly ...

Yesterday afternoon out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, the Yankees lost their Home Opener to the Blue Jays 6-1, due to ineffective starting pitching, limp bats and stupid base running.

Folks, trust me on this ... it is going to be a long and frustrating season out in The Bronx.

CONGRATULATIONS to the Duke Blue Devils for winning the NCAA Tournament. Remember, your favorite blogger predicted that they would win it all.

OK ... time to post this and get to work on what needs to be done.

Oh ... I really feel blah ... actually I really feel like shit ... oh well ...

I will stay in the apartment for the rest of the afternoon and evening ... nope ... ain’t gonna go out ...

Now ... time to pick up the phone and make that call ... so ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.31 miles (or, 9,418 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>386.36 miles (average 4.03 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: