Friday, April 10, 2015

I Am Alive - Saturday’s Plans - Baseball



Friday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, is alive but not yet completely well.

I woke up this morning feeling somewhat better but I am still in the final throes of a really nasty cold and that is why I didn’t post anything yesterday ... I just didn’t feel like it ... and ... I basically had nothing of any interest to share.

In the last posting, on Wednesday, I reported that my entertainment event was to be a classical music concert by the NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC at Avery Fisher Hall.

Well, about 90 minutes before the 7:30pm start time I was still coughing and sneezing and basically feeling like shit ... so I skipped the event ... meaning I also missed the opportunity to do some needed catching up with my seat mates Lenny Gordon and his wife Marie Taylor. More on them below.

So ... on both Wednesday night and Thursday night I stayed in the warm and cozy confines of PHC and watched baseball on my new (to me) 42” TV.

The Yankees split the two games with the Toronto Blue Jays.

Will have more about my early impressions of the Yankees in a latter posting.

So ... what about tonight?

Well, unless something shows up for one of the theater venues on my West 42nd Street block, I will remain in front of my TV to watch ...

Game 1 of the Yankees/Boston Red Sox series at 7:05pm out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

On the mound for the Yankees will be Nathan Eovaldi (who????) (6-14) vs. Wade Miley (8-12) for the FuckSox.

There is a 40% chance of rain at game time. Oh well ...

Now ... I want to report on my entertainment plans for Saturday since I have a doubleheader scheduled that will begin in the morning ... so ... 

First,  in the morning will be meeting up with my friends Lenny Gordon and Marie Taylor and then heading out, via subway, to the Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn for ...

1:00pm==>BASEBALL GREATS IN GREEN-WOOD TROLLEY TOUR - “Tom Gilbert, member of the Society for Baseball Research (the folks who brought you “Moneyball”) takes us on a tour of the fascinating ball-playing pioneers interred at Green-Wood, including: Henry Chadwick, the Father of Baseball, who invented the game’s scoring system; James Creighton, baseball’s first national star; Charles Ebbets, owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers; the great hitter Charlie Smith; and others.” (discounted membership ticket)

Sounds interesting doesn’t it?

Then for the evening I have a concert at Symphony Space in the Upper Westside ...

8:00==>THE LESBIAN & GAY BIG APPLE SYMPHONIC BAND - “New York State of Mind.”
(complimentary ticket)

The concert will feature music that was composed by New Yorkers or inspired by the City and will be “headlined” by Tony-award winner Randy Graff

Moving on ... 

On Monday a representative from Atlas Movers will come to the apartment for a “walk-thru” so that they can then give me a firm estimate of the moving cost(s). This will bring us one step closer to setting a firm moving date. It very well may move up because I just learned that rates dramatically increase after May 21st. Stay tuned.

So ... you are now up-to-date ...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.09 miles (or, 4,567 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>391.18 miles (average 3.95 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: