Sunday, April 19, 2015

Not As Anticipated - Yankees/Rays - Birthday Plans


Sunday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting your favorite Big Apple blogger has to admit that yesterday didn’t quite turn out as Billi Pod had planned.

Yes, he did have a nice walk and wander session in the afternoon and it felt really nice to be wearing a T-shirt rather than the usual wind-breaker. A major plus.

As reported in yesterday’s posting I had planned to catch the just opened Jonah Hill/James Franco movie, TRUE STORY, for the evening, specifically the 7:20pm show at the AMC Empire 25 on West 42nd Street.

I leisurely walked the two blocks to the theatre, getting there around 6:45pm and ... WTF? The show was sold-out. WTF? I guess it should have crossed my mind that it was a Saturday night in The Big Apple and that James Franco has a huge fan-base here. Oh well ... it didn’t.

I wasn’t the slightest bit interested in any of the other offerings in this time-slot ... so ...

I came back to PHC and settled in to watch game two of the YANKEES/RAYS game at 7:10pm down in St. Petersburg in that disgrace known as Tropicana Field

Now, I have to say that this was a really exciting game for Yankee fans (you do know that I am a Yankee fan, don’t you?) to watch because the Bronx Bombers won 9-0 on a stellar outing from Masahiro Tanaka, a triple from Brian McCann and a 7th inning grand slam from Chris Young.

Tanaka pitched 7 shutout innings, giving up only 2 hits, no walks and striking out 8

This afternoon at 1:10pm is the final game of the 3-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (5-6) will be Michael Pineda (1-0) vs. Matt Andriese (0-0) for the Rays (6-6).

Yes ... I will be in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching the game.

My plans for the evening are in flux at the moment. Considering a couple of shows on my ticket services and also TRUE STORY again. If I decide on the movie, rest assured that I will secure my ticket in advance via IMBd.

So ... stay tuned.

In closing==>in response to several inquiries ... no, I don’t have anything “special” planned for my 81st birthday on Thursday, April 23rd. No walking 8.1 miles or anything like that. Instead, I will be pretty low key.

For the afternoon I plan to stay in to watch the 1:00pm YANKEES/DETROIT game and then for the evening I have given myself a full-price ticket to see Larry David’s smash Broadway show FISH IN THE DARK, at 7:00pm.

My “Birthday Dinner” will probably be pizza after the show is over.

So ... thanks for asking ... and ... 

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND!!

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.39 miles (or, 9,592 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>421.65 miles (average 3.90 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: