Monday, April 6, 2015

Thank You Michael and Dennis - Glasses?? - Opening Day - Something Rotten - Baseball Predictions


Monday==>Your favorite blogger is happy to report that Easter Dinner last night with Michael Pederson and Dennis Dohman, at their Chelsea apartment with 10 of our mutual friends, was simply outstanding. 

I got to the apartment at 5:00pm and left around 10:00pm, stuffed, happy and, frankly, emotionally drained.

As expected, the food was awesome and the ongoing conversations, basically involving the entertainment industry/scene, were both interesting and educational for me.

Yes, I did receive a fair amount of grief for my decision to leave The Big Apple in May and return to The Sunshine State, but that was expected/anticipated. Make no mistake about it ... I will miss being a part of this group in the future.

So==>Thank you Michael and Dennis for including me on your guest-list over the years.

As a side note ... just before leaving the apartment to head downtown for dinner I put on my glasses. WTF? My vision was blurry? WTF??

Why? Because there was no right lens in the frame. WTF?? I hurriedly looked around the apartment and ... nothing ... so ... I headed out ... with blurry vision.

Man, just what I didn’t need ... having to schedule an emergency appointment for a new pair of glasses.

I explained everything to Michael and Dennis. Luckily at dinner I didn’t knock over anything or run into anyone. It was, however, very disconcerting, to put it mildly.

When I got back to the apartment I searched all over again and ... nothing ... then ... I looked in my backpack and guess what ... there was the missing lens in the bottom of the backpack. OMFG!!

How it got there I have no fucking clue ... I really don’t. I was kinda spooked. But ... the important thing ... no emergency appointment for new glasses.

Anyway ... let’s move on to today, which will be interesting ... starting with ...

1:05pm - Yankees vs. Blue Jays - Opening Day at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.

On the mound for the Yankees will be Masahiro Tanaka (13-5) vs. Drew Hutchison (11-13) for the Jays.

A-Rod will be in the starting lineup as the DH following his year-long suspension for using Performance Enhancing Drugs (PED). It will interesting to see how the crowd reacts when he steps up to the plate for the first time in 18 months.

For the first time in 10 years your favorite blogger will be watching the Home Opener on his 42” flat screen TV rather than in person at The Stadium. Oh well ...

GO YANKEES!!

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is a Broadway show ...

8:00==>SOMETHING ROTTEN - “This brand new Broadway musical comedy is about the musical comedy that started it all. Set in the 1590s, it follows Brothers Nick and Nigel Bottom who are desperate to write a hit play but are stuck in the shadow of that Renaissance rock star known as ‘The Bard.’ When a local soothsayer foretells that the future of theatre involves singing, dancing and acting at the same time, Nick and Nigel set out to write the world’s very first musical.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

The advance buzz on the show has been mixed.

This show is in previews, it opens on April 22nd, is playing at the St. James Theatre on West 44th Street, has a running time of 2:30, with intermission, and is an open run.

Moving on some more ...

I have made a promise to self that this week I will secure a mover and set a moving date. 

Please keep your fingers crossed for me in this regard.

You have no idea how much I dread this.

In closing ... and speaking of crossed fingers ... as promised, Billi Pod will now share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers his predictions for the 2015 baseball season, with emphasis on the American League (because he doesn’t care about the National League) --

Billi Pod’s 2015 Predictions ...

Yankees record==>83-79

AL East==>Orioles, Red Sox, Yankees, Blue Jays, Rays

AL Central Champs==>Tigers

AL West Champs==>Mariners

ALCS==>Mariners

NLCS==>Dodgers

World Series Champs==>Mariners

You are so very welcome.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.31 miles (or, 5,064 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>25.95 miles (average 3.71 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>382.05 miles (average 4.02 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: