Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sorry For Not Posting - Updates - The 39 Steps


Wednesday==>Sorry about the delay in today’s posting and for not posting yesterday.

This is just further proof to my loyal and faithful readers and followers that Billi Pod is indeed human ... so ... let’s just get started with my heartfelt apology and then on to what went down yesterday ...

OK .. here we go ... in the morning I had a “routine” followup appointment with my eye doctor, Dr. Dina Weintraub, at her Eastside office.

That was a pretty draining experience with lots of eye drops and then the hated “field-of-vision” tests for both eyes. Happily, the ultimate results showed that my eye conditions are stable.

Had a detailed conversation with Dr. W about my move back to The Sunshine State and what I needed to do to find an eye doc down there. She will do some research and give me her recommendations.

Frankly, the whole thing was pretty emotional because she has been a big part of my life over the years. We took the selfie just before I left the office.

I felt drained when I left the office and my eyes were still very blurry.

I then walked up to 51st Street to The Senate East, where I had lived for 8 years prior to moving to my current Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood. 

I wanted to say goodbye to my friend Vinny Kenney who is one of the doormen. That was emotional, too.

Then I walked back to PHC. I was tired and drained, physically and emotionally.

Just didn’t feel like sitting down in front of this ‘puter and writing ... so ... 

I settled in watch some Spring Training Baseball on MLB ... and ... feel asleep on the couch. Pains in my neck and back woke me up. I had slept for about 90 minutes.

When I woke up the afternoon had gone bye-bye and it was time for my usual fruit and cheese plate.

My entertainment event for the evening, according to my log entry, was ... 

8:00==>LONESOME TRAVELER - “Nine young singer/musicians dramatize key moments in the history of the American folk revival, portraying characters such as The Carter Family, Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, Odetta, Leadbelly, The Kingston Trio and Joan Baez.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at the 59E59 Theatre Complex, one of my favorite venues, has a running time of 2:00, with intermission, and runs through April 19th.

At 6:45pm It had begun to lightly rain as I was getting ready to head out. Just before I was about to leave the apartment I re-checked my confirmation voucher ... and ... WTF ...

The correct starting time for the show was 7:00pm, not 8:00pm as I had recorded on my log. WTF ... 

Oh well ... it was a kinda fitting end for a rather strange day ... so ... I spent the remainder of the evening watching Spring Training baseball.

One positive for the day ... I had recorded some decent mileage==>4.72 miles.

Now ... to further bring you up-to-date ... I will share Billi Pod's report cards on Monday’s activities, in summary form ...

Morning - meeting up with Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever for a 2:30pm tour of Streit’s Matzos on Rivington Street in the Lower Eastside==>Interesting and informative.

Evening - MUSICALS IN MUFTI BENEFIT CONCERT, hosted by John Tartaglia. 25+ Broadway and Off Broadway performers who have appeared in Musicals in Mufti programs and will include musical legends Tom Jones, Sheldon Harnick, Richard Maltby and David Shire==>A<==extremely well performed and totally enjoyable.

Now ... let’s move on to tonight’s entertainment event ...

The Off Broadway comedy ...

8:00==>THE 39 STEPS - “A comedic spoof of the classic 1935 film, with only 4 actors portraying more than 150 characters, sometimes changing roles in the blink of an eye. The brilliantly madcap story follows our dashing hero Richard Hannay as he races to solve the mystery of The 39 Steps, all the while trying to clear his name!” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing down at the Union Square Theatre on East 17th Street, has a running time of 1:35, without intermission, and is an open run.

Really looking forward to seeing this ... and ... yes ... I have verified the starting time.

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... again ... I am sorry for the delays and whatevers ... but ... you are now up-to-date.

Oh ... forgot to mention ... the mileage for the month of March was totally excellent==>127.38 miles, especially when you consider how cold and nasty the weather was for most of the month.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.72 miles (or, 10,323 steps)

Total mileage for March==>127.38 miles (average 4.11 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>367.32 miles (average 4.08 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: