Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Updates - Dinner With The Boys - The Yankees - Timmy Tebow


Tuesday==>Sorry for no posting yesterday. Monday was a nasty day weather-wise. It steadily rained for most of the day and into the evening.

Your favorite Big Apple blogger used this as motivation to do some major, and I mean major, cleaning out and throwing away stuff. This was a huge step toward the dreaded process of packing up for the ultimate moving day in May.

All of this means I simply wasn’t in the mood to write ... so ... sorry ... please forgive me.

Moving on ...

As soon as I post this I will head over to the far Eastside to my heart doc’s office to get fasting blood work done in preparation of my semiannual “checkup” on Tuesday the 28th.

Man, I am starving since I last ate at 8:00pm last night. Oh well ...

When I finally get back to the apartment I will fix myself a huge fruit and cheese plate ...then ...

My entertainment event for the evening is an Off Broadway show ... 

7:00==>DINNER WITH THE BOYS - “A killer comedy by Dan Lauria of ‘The Wonder Years’ about a couple of old-time wise-guys who like to cook great Italian food, complain about everything under the sun, and kill anyone who gets in their way.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

Lauria heads a stellar cast that includes Ray Abruzzo (The Sopranos) and Richard Zavaglia (Donnie Brasco).

This is the first preview performance and I am really looking forward to it.

The show is playing at The Theatre Row Complex on my West 42nd Street block, has a running time of 1:40, without intermission, and runs through July 5th.

Moving on to some sports ... for you Marty ... 

Last night up in the Motor City the Yankees lost 2-1 in the first game of the 4-game series against the Central Division leading Tigers.

CC Sabathia pitched an excellent game, giving up 2 runs and 7 hits in 8 innings. Unfortunately, the Yankee offense was unable to produce.

Tonight at 7:08pm is game 2. On the mound for the Yankees (6-7) will be Nathan Eovaldi (0-0) vs. Kyle Lobstein (1-0) for the Tigers (11-2).

BTW==>hope you remember that Billi Pod hates Tigers.

Moving on some more ...

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and follower who are also Gator fans, it is now official. The Eagles have signed Timmy Tebow to a one-year contract, giving our 2007 Heisman Trophy winner his return to the NFL after being cut by the Patriots before the 2013 season began.

Timmy will have to battle 4 other QBs in order to make the team. 

Oh the drama ... let the game begin.

OK ... time to post this and then head out ...

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.22 miles (or, 4,872 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>428.93 miles (average 3.90 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: