Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Yankees Lose Again - Pardon My English


Wednesday==>It is a beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. At 10:30am it is a balmy 61º, sunny, with azure blue skies. 

The projected high is in the high 60s. Oh yes ... just what we need/want.

Yesterday I had planned a major walk and wander session but, unfortunately, several of the final things on my to-do list took much longer than I had anticipated, including rescheduling my upcoming "routine" appointments with my heart doctor and my urologist.

Nothing of any major interest showed up on my ticket services ... so I stayed in once again to watch baseball ...

Game two of the YANKEES/ORIOLES series, which the Yankees lost 4-3 on another less-than-stellar outing from our former ace CC Sabathia, who is now 0-2 for the season.

We also suffered from a failure to get hits with runners in scoring position and shoddy fielding. Yeah, they committed 2 more errors, for a league-leading total of 11. 

Tonight @ 7:05pm is the final game of the series.

On the mound for the Yankees will be Nathan Eovaldi (0-0) vs. Bud Norris (0-1) for the Orioles.

Moving on ...

Your favorite blogger has a matinee scheduled for today ...

The Musicals Tonight production of ...

2:00==>PARDON MY ENGLISH - “In The Gershwin's Pardon My English (1933), to promote the sale of beer and wine, the German government bans the sale of all non-alcoholic beverages. In retaliation, a speak-easy is opened where patrons can imbibe forbidden drinks - cream soda and ginger ale.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

This staged reading/concert has music and lyrics by George and Ira Gershwin including “Isn't It a Pity?”, “My Cousin in Milwaukee,” ”Where You Go, I Go,” and “In Three Quarter Time.”

It is playing at the Theatre Row Complex on my West 42nd Street block, has a running time of 2:30, with intermission, and runs through April 19th.

Right now my plans for the evening are in flux ... so ... stay tuned.

Haven't heard anything from my movers.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.39 miles (or, 5,222 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>408.80 miles (average 3.93 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: