Thursday, September 16, 2010

A DISMAL DOWNER

Well, my loyal and faithful readers, no doubt about it-->yesterday was pretty much a downer with J.’s death and the Yankees 4-3 loss to the Rays (now calm down, I am not equating the loss of a friend with the loss of a ball game. It’s just how I felt when I finally crashed at 2:30am).


I know that today is a day to move on, but ... dammit-->today also marks 7 yrs. since my dear friend Ray Coker needlessly died ... dammit to Hell ...


The Yankees have the day off before a 3 game series at Baltimore, in what would have been a cakewalk, except that now the new Manager Buck Showalter has the heretofore pathetic last-place Orioles playing excellent ball. Go figure.


And speaking of dismal - this is the headline from the sport’s section in today’s Daily News-->“WR ARREST ADDS TO URBAN BLIGHT,” about the arrest and suspension of starting wide receiver Chris Rainey. The article goes on to compare the number of Gator arrests to University of Miami arrests and-->tada-->the Gators win. Barf!!


On a postive note I will give Billy Pod’s report card on JUST IN TIME-THE JUDY HOLIDAY SHOW-->excellent. I was very impressed with the acting. Learned a lot of stuff about Holiday’s background.


On that happy note I move on some more-->Billi Pod is finally out of his baseball couch potato mode and returning to his usual activities-8:00-->THE PITMAN PAINTERS-“is based on the true story of a group of British miners who discover a new way to express themselves and unexpectedly become art-world sensations.” On Broadway. This show is written by Lee Hall who wrote the mega-successful BILLY ELLIOT. The show had a sold-out run in London. Looking forward to it.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS-43


PS: And, yes, I also acknowledge the mistake in yesterday’s report-->I meant J. was a Brother, not a Bother. Gimme a break, OK?






No comments: