Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Beautiful Early Fall Day in The Big Apple

It is a beautiful early fall day in The Big Apple and it was 53º when I woke up at 8:00am this morning.


I love the fall up here but hate the winter - I know, I know, I could spend the winter in a warmer climate if I wanted to, but that just ain’t gonna happen, I mean, what in the f**k would I do if I wasn’t in The Big Apple? And, honestly, Mayor Bloomberg would never approve it anyway, so case closed. No my loyal and faithful readers-->do not start a email and/or blogging campaign-->it ain't gonna happen, so case closed again.


Last night was night #2 of Billi Pod’s couch potato modality as he stayed in yet again to watch the Yankees/Rays game from Tropicana Field.


Wow, what a game-->Posada led off the top of the 10th inning with a pinch-hit monster blast over the center field wall, leading the Yankees to an 8-7 win over the Rays and back into lst place in the AL East. Yep, another nail biter.


Billi Pod will remain in the couch potato mode for the final series game 2nite (kinda getting tired of that, however).


I have gotten a couple of emails asking why I am so concerned about the Yankees winning the AL East when it looks like the FuckSox are dead and both the Yankees and Rays will be in the post season. The answer is simple-->home field advantage, meaning I would get to see more games in the post season, simple as that. The AL does not have home field advantage for the World Series, however.

I do have a show this afternoon at 3:00-->JUST IN TIME-THE JUDY HOLIDAY SHOW-“The life of the Original Dumb Blond, featuring such exalted cohorts as Welles, Hepburn, and Durante.”


Part of the Fringe Festival Encore Series and it sounds like a lot of fun.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS-44

No comments: