Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yeah!! - I Am In Paris

I am so happy to report that I am in Paris. The Norris Travel Curse didn’t strike during any phase of the trip. The flight over went fine, except for a screaming baby the last 2 1/2 hours. The duffle arrived with me and I had no problems with clearing immigration/passport control. I had no trouble with the train into Paris or the walk from the train station to the bus depot or the bus ride to David’s Left Bank apartment. It was 11:00am when I arrived, or 5:00am on my NYC body-clock.

My body-clock is still on NYC time because, of course, I couldn’t/didn’t sleep on the flight over. During the mid-afternoon I got almost two hours sleep and that has helped a lot.

We have been on two different re-orientation walking tours and tonight we had a great meal at the same ‘hood restaurant where we ate on the first night of my 2007 trip.

At 11:00am tomorrow, Friday, we will head out via train for a day-trip to Giverny to see Claude Monet’s home and garden.

I regret that I was unable to make connection with Gisela Cardonne-Ely at JFK. Our departing flights were in different terminals.

OK, I have to admit that I am now tired. It is midnight Paris time and I will try to crash.

Go Gators and Go Rays.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: