Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ready for My Paris Adventure

I am in the final phase of preparing for my highly anticipated trip to Paris to spend a week with my former law school roommate David West of Gainesville, FL, and Paris, France.

I will leave the apartment tomorrow, Wednesday, a little earlier than usual so that I can make it to the international terminal at JFK to, hopefully, have time to catch up with longtime friend and colleague Circuit Judge Gisela Cardonne-Ely of Miami, FL, who will be on a layover to catch a flight to Rome. Her flight leaves at 5:00 and mine leaves for Paris at 7:00 from the same terminal. My SuperShuttle pickup time is 2:30, so we should be able to connect, unless, of course, The Norris Travel Curse decides to rear its ugly head early.

Here are the details of my upcoming adventure --

October 15 - Wednesday - 7:00pm - depart JFK - Delta #8581

October 16 - Thursday - 8:50am - arrive Paris - Charles de Gaulle

David West
27 Rue Lacepede
Paris, France
33-970-449-516 (from the US)

October 22 - Wednesday - 01:15pm - depart Paris - Delta #8550
03:15pm - arrive JFK

Monday night I was able to spend some time with Sandy Mullon of Anna Maria, FL. She and her friends had a nice upstate trip to see the foliage and to visit Woodstock, among other places. Sandy and I went to see “Rock of Ages,” which I described in an earlier post. Our seats were in row D, far house right, about 6 feet from the blaring (and that is a mild word) speakers. Luckily, just before the show started we were able to move a couple of rows back and over. That helped a lot.

The house was packed and the audience was full of younger energetic people who were really into the show. Frankly, so was I since I knew all of the rock songs they played. I am also happy to report that I wasn’t the oldest guy in attendance but I am sure I was the oldest guy who really enjoyed himself.

When the show was over we had a late dinner at Angus McIndoe and then I walked Sandy back to her hotel, the Algonquin, on 44th Street. I walked back to the apartment while listening to the last innings of Phillies/Dodgers game, which, as you know, the Phillies had a comeback win, putting the Dodgers in almost an impossible comeback position, in my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

You also know that The Devil Rays beat the Fucksox on Monday night and then tonight they put on another ass-whipping, beating the woeful Sucks by a score of 13-4 in the cess-pool known as Fenway Park. They lead the ALCS 3-1. All the way Rays!!

I will have my trusty iBook with me in Paris and David has wi-fi access so I will be able to post, so ...

Talk with you from Paree.

Go Gators and Go Rays.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Paris! Miette