Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OMG!! - September, What a Month!!!

I have just finished reviewing my log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) for the month of September 2008 and it confirmed my feeling that it was an awesome month entertainment-wise. I find that during the month I saw/attended/did the following:

6 Broadway shows (Gypsy, Spring Awakening, Equus, 13, To Be or Not To Be, and Young Frankenstein); 11 Off-Broadway shows; 2 New York Philharmonic concerts, including the Opening Night Gala; 1 movie (Burn After Reading); and 6 Yankee baseball games, including the final game ever at The House That Ruth Built. The Yankees record for my September games was 5 wins and 1 loss, making their season record for the 33 games I saw an abysmal 19 wins and 14 losses. It must get better next season, guys, it just has to.

I had a great time with my daughter Kathi Bendeck and her husband Dr. John, of Columbia, SC, during their Big Apple visit from September 2-8 - we did theater, walking, dinner and museums. I also gave them plenty of free time by not “hovering.” Had a nice but too brief time with Dwight & Joanne Wells who were visiting from Key West, FL.

Ahem - noticably absent from my log is any reference to John Scott Reed and/or Benjamin Sears - guys - WTF????

Oh well, when all of the events described above are factored in I find that I attended some entertainment event every single day/night during the month, a pretty awesome statistic, in my humble opinion.

September also marked: my oldest grandson Alex Falletta's 28th birthday; my sister Ann Parker’s 71st birthday; 5 years since my dear friend Ray Coker of Lakeland, FL, left us: and, 7 years since the horrors of September 11, 2001. On September 30th Howard Kilgore of Bartow, FL, passed away. Howard was married to Mary Frances, my first wife and Kathi’s mother, for 43 years. He was a good guy and will be missed by his family and friends, including me.

And, in accordance with my promise to keep my loyal and faithful readers up-to-date I posted 15 times to this blog. Yes, you are indeed welcome.

I have lots of other things and stuff to write about but will post this and then write another post when I get back from tonight’s New York Philharmonic concert.

Go Gators and Go Tampa Bay Rays!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: