Sunday, October 12, 2008

KAPOW - GATORS AND DEVIL RAYS - KAPOW!!!

When I settled in to watch the 8:00 broadcast of the game between the 11th ranked Florida Gators and the #4 ranked LSU Tigers I had no idea that the outcome would be a 51-21 ass-kicking by the Gators. The game wasn’t even as close as that final score. The Gators kicked butt in every single aspect of the game behind the leadership of QB Tim Tebow.

Make no mistake about it, the Gators are back in the hunt for the National Championship.

The Tampa Bay Rays vs. The Boston Fucksox game also started at 8:00 on TBS so I was able to alternate between the two games, but honestly 98.9% of my energy and emotions were directed at the Gator/LSU game.

When the Gator game ended I switched channels and watched the rest of the baseball game, which turned into a nail-biter, to say the least. It went into extra innings with the score tied 8-8. The Rays won in the bottom of the 11th inning when B.J. Upton hit a sacrifice fly into shallow right field to allow the winning run to score from 3rd base. It was 1:36am. Wow!! Way to go Rays! The series is now tied 1-1 and the next game is Monday afternoon in ancient and fetid Fenway Park.

Unfortunately, things look pretty grim, in my opinion, for the LA Dodgers who now trail the Phillies 0-2. The series has moved to LA.

Just briefly - my show this afternoon, “Bedroom Farce,” was very funny and very well performed by an outstanding cast. I was really in the mood for something light and funny and this show fit the bill.

It was about 4:30 when I left the theater on 42nd Street & 9th Avenue and the weather was terrific - cool and clear, not a cloud in the sky. I felt great, so I walked the 2.5 miles back to the apartment.

I am happy to report that Sandy Mullon and her posse arrived and are now in upstate New York looking at leaves and stuff. They will be back in the City sometime tomorrow.

Wow, what a great day/evening.

Go Gators and Go Tampa Bay Rays!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: