Monday, October 20, 2008

So long and farewell to The Fucksox!! Yes!!

Way to Go Rays!! Would anyone, and I mean anyone, have predicted the final outcome of the ALCS back at the beginning of the baseball season? I mean, really, the newly renamed Tampa Bay Rays beating the defending World Series Champions, those hated and reviled Boston Red Sox aka The Fucksox, and going from worst to first and on to the World Series?

No one, not even the most rabid Rays fans, and rabid being a word not often associated with this franchise, would have put this young and inexperienced team into the World Series. But, they are there and I have a very good feeling about their chances of winning the whole thing in 7 games.

Unfortunately, the 6 hour time difference between the east coast of the US and Paris did not permit me to watch the game, but I will be back in The Big Apple on Wednesday afternoon with plenty of time to get settled back in and watch the first game of the World Series.

About my Paris Adventure - having a wonderful time and will post more details (no doubt more than you, my faithful and loyal readers need or want) later on in the day.

Go Rays!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let me tell you what. the rays and fucksox game was a nail biter and a half. i'm not a huge baseball fan but, i was glued to the tv last night!! the yankees have been my team for awhile, "thanks to you". i've liked the DEVIL rays since their inception, but before all that, i am ashamed to say that i was a braves fan. back when they were the buffalo bills of baseball. i am getting back into baseball, because there is nothing worth watching on tv (aka the news), sitcoms suck, reality tv really sucks.