Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Update On The Bill’s Moving Status - Some Baseball - Today


Wednesday==>I am happy to report to my loyal and faithful readers and followers that the moving process for my son Bill III aka The Bill has moved along basically as anticipated/planned.

Yesterday afternoon I Ubered over to his house on Watermill Avenue in Orlando and joined 4 of his friends in helping to move stuff out of the house and into the rented U-Haul truck. It took around 3 hours.

Those of you who know The Bill understand that he had a lot of “stuff,” including a mind-blowing array of T-shirts, but I am happy to report that everything fit into the truck although it was a very tight fit by the end.

When it was finished Bill drove me back to Winter Park. On the way back to my apartment we stopped off at the Shake Shack in my Winter Park ‘hood and had great burgers and fries.

I have to admit that when I got back to the apartment I was tired and, even though I had promised myself a day-off, by midnight I had recorded 4.21 miles. Oh well ...

Spent the remainder of the evening in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching baseball, including ... tada ...

Yankees/Rangers from Arlington, TX, incredibly won by the Bronx Bombers 21-5 as we overcame a 5 run deficit at the end of the first inning. We scored 11 runs in the top of the 2nd and our relievers Diego Moreno and Adam Warren combined to no-hit Texas for 8 1/3 innings. AWESOME!

Tonight at 8:05pm it will be the 3rd game of the 4-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (57-42) will be Masahiro Tanaka (7-3) vs. Colby Lewis (10-4) for the Rangers (47-52).

I plan to stay in and watch the game.

Moving on ...

This morning Bill and I had the official closing on the sale of his Orlando house. I was involved because he and I owned the property jointly (including the mortgage).

When that process was over we split and Bill went back to his house to finish up, including cleaning. He has to be out of the house by 4:00pm today. 

He will spend the night in a motel close to his new house in Castleberry because he can’t close on that property until sometime tomorrow. Yeah, totally draconian because he is actually homeless right now.

When the paperwork is done tomorrow and everything is signed, he will be given the keys to the new house and then the moving “crew” will arrive again and the move-in process will begin.

I will join them later in the day because I have a 3:00pm appointment with my new urologist to get the results of the various tests and stuff that were done 2 weeks ago.

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... you are now up-to-date from Winter Park, in the Sunshine State.

Oh ... I totally agree with the results of Tom Brady’s appeal of his suspension in Deflategate

He was just plain stupid to destroy his cell phone, among other things.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.21 miles (or, 9,219 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>865.22 miles (average 4.14 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: