Sunday, July 26, 2015

Saturday Was Kinda Weird - Dinner With The Bill


Sunday==>I hope all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace are having a great weekend and enjoying themselves in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting your favorite Sunshine State blogger has to report that yesterday was a kinda weird day for him here in Winter Park ... and this is what I mean ...

As I reported in yesterday’s posting, my entertainment schedule was to see the just released movie PAPER TOWNS, playing at the Regal multiplex in Winter Park Village, which is, as you know, just across the street from my apartment building.

I had decided on a late afternoon time, but when it was time to head out, it was ... tada ... pouring rain. There was another time about 90 minutes later, so I opted not to brave the elements.

When that time came the rain had stopped so I sauntered over to the theatre to get my senior-discount ticket. The line was kinda long but no matter ... but ... when it was my turn the box office person told me that the show for my time was sold-out. WTF??

He said that the show’s popularity was much more than management had anticipated.

Long story short ... there was nothing in the time-slot that I wanted to see ... so ... I came back to the cool and comfortable confines on my apartment and settled in to watch some baseball ... and ... man ... what an exciting time that turned out to be.

First, I got to watch the final innings of the no-hitter pitched by Philadelphia lefty Cole Hamels against the Chicago Cubs in Wrigley Field. It was really exciting and the final out was almost misplayed by center-fielder Odubel Herrera. WOW!!

There is intense speculation that Hamels will be traded before the July 31st deadline and that the Yankees are in the mix to acquire him.

Then, it was time for the Yankees/Twins game, with CC Sabathia on the mound for the Yankees

Well, CC basically sucked and the Twins took an early 5-0 lead and, frankly, I thought ... wow ... first I miss my movie and now I have to put up with this crap?

But, later the combination of A-Rod hitting 3 HRs and backup catcher John Ryan Murphy crushing a go-ahead 3-run homer in the top of the 9th took the Bronx Bombers to an 8-5 come-from-behind victory, before a stunned sellout crowd in Minneapolis.

Yeah, it was a good completion to a kinda weird day.

So ... let’s move on to today ...

First of all ... this morning I had an excellent early morning walk and wander session. At 7:30am it was 78ยบ with cloud cover so I was able to record==>3.40 miles.

For the afternoon it will be ... drum roll ...

2:10==>Yankees/Twins in the rubber game of the 3-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (54-42) will be Nathan Eovaldi (9-2) vs. Kyle Gibson (8-7) for the Twins (52-45).

Then for the evening I will have dinner with my son Bill III aka The Bill, probably at our favorite Outback Steakhouse.

Speaking of The Bill==>I am happy to report that everything has come together for him in the sale of his current house and the purchase of his new digs, next to a golf course. He will be moving this coming Wednesday. I am really excited for him and I will do what I can to help in the moving process. He has put together a team of his friends to do the heavy stuff, and that is good.

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers, you are now up-to-date ...

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.64 miles (or, 10,157 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>849.61 miles (average 4.12 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: