Monday, July 20, 2015

The New Week Starts - Dinner With Miguel Fernandez - Errands and Chores


Monday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace, your favorite Sunshine State blogger’s new week got off to a very good start this morning with a nice walk and wander session, recording==>3.11 miles.

That’s good because the rest of today is going to be spent working on my errands and chores list, including doing the laundry. Yep ... that’s right ... you read it correctly ... doing the laundry.

After years and years of having his laundry done by someone else, Billi Pod now relies on the new washer/dryer unit in his new apartment for everything, with the exception of his shirts. Shirts he takes to a neighborhood dry cleaner.

Man .... how far have I fallen that I am writing in my blog about doing laundry?

Dammit ... if I keep this up I will soon be saying: “good morning my loyal and faithful reader and follower.”

Oh well ...

Moving on ...

Yesterday, during the day, I spent the entire time in my cool and comfortable new apartment, in front of my 42” flat screen TV, watching baseball.

The Yankees beat the Mariners 2-1 on an 8th inning HR from Mark Teixeira, to win the 3-game series 2-1. CC Sabathia pitched a decent game over 6 innings but he didn’t get the win.

The Bronx Bombers have the night off and then on Tuesday begin a 3-game series against the second place Orioles, at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.

The highlight of Sunday was dinner with my son Bill III aka The Bill at an Applebee’s in Maitland, which is just north of Winter Park

We were joined by Bill’s longtime friend Miguel Fernandez. They were friends in high school back in Bartow and that friendship has lasted over the years.

Miguel works for Watermark Restoration, Inc. and now lives in Lakeland with his wife and 3 kids.

It had been years and years since I had seen Miguel so we had a lot of catching up to do.

So ... Miguel==>it was great seeing you and I am so glad you were able to be with us.

Moving on ...

OK ... I’ve got things and stuff to do ... so ... time to post this and get to work.

Hopefully, tonight I will drag my lazy ass across the street to the multiplex in Winter Park Village to finally see TED 2. I think I need some gross-out humor.

In closing==>It is hard to believe that two months ago, on this date in May, the movers were moving my stuff out of apartment PHC at 420 W. 42nd Street in NYC and a new adventure was about to begin for Billi Pod. WOW!!

Time does indeed fly by.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.22 miles (or, 4,862 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>27.01 miles (average 3.86 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>819.84 miles (average 4.10 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: