Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Thoughts On Billi Pod Blogs - Family - Baseball


Tuesday==>You know, sometimes I need to remind myself why I began Billi Pod Blogs back in 2008, and that was to have a record of what I was doing at the moment, how I felt about things in the present and what was on the horizon.

Once it was started I found that I liked going back and reading what was going on in my life in the past. I still do.

I remember promising myself that I would write in a timely fashion even when I didn’t have a whole lot to write about or, as sometimes happened, when I was suffering from writer’s block.

I also promised myself that I would remember that I was writing for me and not, repeat ... not to please, pleasure or placate anyone.

Why am I writing this now I know many of you are anxiously asking your inner selves? Well ... inner selves ... I must admit to dealing with the recurring issue in my head of whether Billi Pod Blogs should continue to exist now that I no longer live in New York City, The Greatest City In The World.

Of course, Winter Park cannot measure up to The Big Apple but I knew that when I made the decision back in April to return to the Sunshine State. Now that I am settled into a nice and comfortable brand-new apartment adjacent to Winter Park Village I find that I am spending more and more time in the apartment, out the oppressive heat, in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching baseball ... sometimes beginning at 1:00pm and lasting past midnight.

I love baseball, regardless of who is playing, and I know the same thing is going to happen when the college football season starts.

I have been going out to other entertainment events, too, on a much reduced schedule.

Who wants to read about this now, I keep asking myself. Who?

And the answer is? I do ... so ...

At least for the foreseeable future Billi Pod Blogs will continue ... hopefully, however, in a more timely fashion ...

If you feel you are no longer interested in being a loyal and faithful reader and follower ... then so be it ... it is your decision and I will not be pissed ...

So ... now that this is over, at least for the time-being ...

Let’s do an update ...

The highlight of Sunday was having a terrific dinner with my son Bill III aka The Bill and our friend Renzy Hanshaw at a Golden Corral somewhere in the general Winter Park area.

Bill use to live next door to Renzy and they still go golfing together. Renzy is a retired NYC Fire Department Captain, who also retired from a local Fire Department after he “retired” to Florida.

It was a great time. We did some needed catching up while stuffing ourselves with way-too-much food.

Renzy was our host ... so==>thank you Renzy, it was great being with you.

Then ... yesterday was an AWESOME family day for this father, grandfather, great-grandfather.

Yeah, my grandson Alex Falletta and his wife Gina and their two darling daughters Saylor and Finley had been on an extended vacation in the Gulf coast area. 

On their way back to Elgin, SC, towing their boat, they stopped by my Winter Park apartment for a quick early morning visit. My son Bill joined us.

We then had a great family breakfast at Broken Egg Cafe in Winter Park Village.

In this picture, left to right, it is ... Saylor, Gina, Moi, Finley, Alex and Bill.
A couple of other pics ...
After breakfast we split. The trip back to Elgin, which is outside of Columbia, SC, took longer than they had anticipated, due to traffic and two flat tires on the boat trailer, but they made it back safely. Whew!!

Folks ... It is difficult for me to put into words in this blog just how much this family experience meant to this father, grandfather, great-grandfather. It was a wonderful time.

Moving on ...

Well, the remaining time during the day was spent with the usual Monday errands and chores list and the evening was spent in front of my TV watching baseball ... and ... take a deep breath ...

Tonight it is gonna be ...

7:05pm==>Yankees vs. Oakland @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, in the first game of a 3-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (44-38) will be Nathan Eovaldi (8-2) vs. Sonny Gray (9-3) for the Athletics (38-47)

The Yankees lead the AL East by 1.5 games over the Baltimore Orioles.

Even though the Yankees are leading their division, for the first time since 1999 there will be no Bronx Bombers in the starting lineup for the American League in the upcoming All Star Game.

Dellin Betances and Mark Teixeira were selected as reserves and Brett Gardner is among the 5 players on the fan’s final player ballot.

Left out and dangling was A-Rod and, frankly, that doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Moving on ...

I am happy to report that my sister Ann Parker, who lives in Palm Springs, CA, just had a successful procedure to implant a pacemaker to address her problem(s) with A-Fib. Whew and double Whew!!

Love ya Sister of Mine - mean it.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers who are still with me ... it is time to post this and then watch some afternoon baseball. ... 

GO YANKEES!!

Sunday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.65 miles (or, 7,985 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>23.73 miles (average 3.39 miles per day)

Monday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.47  miles (or, 7,596 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>765.56 miles (average 4.09 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: