Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy Birthday Gina Falletta - Baseball - Fred Whitaker (RIP)


Wednesday==>We will get today’s posting started with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout-out to GINA FALLETTA, who lives in Elgin, SC, with my grandson Alex and their two darling daughters Saylor and Finley.

While she is technically my granddaughter-in-law I have always viewed her as my granddaughter and me as her granddaddy.

She and Alex were married back in 2002 and I was honored to have been asked to preside over the wedding ceremony.

So ... Gina ... have a great day ... you have more than earned it.

Love ya - mean it.

Moving on ...

As I anticipated, yesterday was spent finishing up my errands and chores list and then remaining in the cool and comfortable confines of my apartment watching baseball. 

The Yankee/Athletics game was exciting but ... unfortunately Brett Lawrie hit a go-ahead solo home run in the top of the 10th inning, resulting a 4-3 loss in the opening game of the 3-game series at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.

Tonight at 7:05pm is the 2nd game of the 3-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (44-39) will be the still ineffective CC Sabathia (3-8) vs. Scott Kazmir (5-5) for the Athletics (39-47)

On a very positive note ... center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury and closer Andrew Miller will come off the DL today and will be available.

Your favorite Sunshine State blogger plans to watch the game ... tada .. what a surprise, right?

In closing==>I have a heavy heart over the passing yesterday of my dear friend and classmate Fred Whitaker of Bartow, FL. Fred had been in failing health for quite a long time. I will provide more details in a later posting.

His loving family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.35  miles (or, 9,506 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>769.91 miles (average 4.10 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: