Friday, July 17, 2015

Baseball Is Back - Bloom County Is Back - SEC Predictions


Friday==>I have to admit that since his return to the Sunshine State your favorite blogger has become addicted to watching baseball on his 42” flat screen TV, in hi-def, in the cool and comfortable confines of his new Winter Park apartment.

I love watching baseball, basically regardless of who is playing.

With the MLB Extra-Innings special package I now have access to multiple games, beginning daily at 1:00pm and running nonstop past midnight.

This means that the last couple of days/nights have been extremely difficult for Billi Pod due to the All-Star break.

Well, I am happy to report that baseball is now back and my World is whole again.

Yeah ... after I post this I will begin watching baseball with the Kansas City/Chicago Whitesox game and will continue until it is time for ... tada ...

7:05pm==>Yankees vs. Seattle, from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, in the first game of a 3-game series.

On the mound for the Yankees (48-40) will be Masahiro Tanaka (5-3), coming off an excellent outing against the A’s vs. Mike Montgomery (4-3) for the Mariners (41-48).

The Yankees begin the second half of the season in first place in the AL East, leading the Rays by 3.5 games.

I will finish off the evening watching the 10:00pm LA Angels/Boston FuckSox game.

Oh yes ... Billi Pod is back where he belongs ...

And, speaking of being back ...

In case any of you loyal and faithful readers and followers are not on Facebook (although I can’t imagine who that might be) ... but ... anyway ... I want to share some really terrific news and that is ...

The return of Berkeley Breathed and his  Bloom County, after a 25 year absence.
Yes, you can find it daily on the following Facebook link --


Now, if we could only bring back Calvin & Hobbs all would be right in Billi Pod’s world again.

I will close this posting out on a rather unhappy note and that is ... 

Yesterday, the SEC media experts released their predictions for the upcoming season and ... barf ... my Florida Gators were picked to finish fifth in the SEC East, ahead of only Kentucky and Vanderbilt. The predictions: 

Georgia
Tennessee
Missouri
South Carolina
Florida
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

It was also predicted that Auburn, with Will Muschamp aka Coach Muskrat as its defensive coordinator, will win the SEC title. The irony of this makes we want to puke ... but ... 

As much as I hate Tigers I have to admit that I believe this prediction is correct. Oh well ...

Anyway ... it is now time for some baseball.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.06 miles (or, 8,875 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>805.95 miles (average 4.09 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: