Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mileage Stats/THE LOVE SONG OF ALFRED J. HITCHCOCK/NY PHILHARMONIC/Yankees


Thursday==>I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that yesterday was another excellent walking day for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple.

Yes, the weather was nice and both of my “events,” my doctor’s appointment during the afternoon and then my Off Broadway show for the evening, were in the Upper Eastside ... meaning ... lots of mileage just walking to and from the respective subway stations.

Altogether I logged in 5.86 miles (other details below) even though I gave myself a “time-off” from my usual walking regimen while watching the 10:00pm Yankee game on TV.

What is my “usual walking regimen” I know those of you new to the blog are asking your inner selves? Well, inner selves ... between each 1/2 inning and during pitching changes I get my butt off the couch and walk around the apartment at a brisk pace. You’d be surprised how the mileage will add up if you do this.

More walking stuff ... several of my loyal and faithful readers and followers have sent me emails and/or texts inquiring how 2014 is shaping up compared to 2013 ... so ... tada ... here are the stats ...

2013 - miles/avg     2014 - miles/avg
Jan - 133.99/4.32 084.80/2.74
Feb - 084.62/3.02 098.19/3.51
Mar - 107.00/3.45 119.59/3.86
Apr - 130.50/4.35 111.86/3.73
4mos 456.11/3.81 414.44/3.45

The main reason for the difference in mileage has been the nasty terrible weather this Winter.

I think these are still pretty AWESOME stats for a now 80-year old guy ... but ... remember ...

I report - You decide!

Moving on to Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Off Broadway show ...

THE LOVE SONG OF ALFRED J. HITCHCOCK, a look at the life and mind of one of the century's most fascinating cultural icons==>C

Decent acting saves this mishmash from a much lower grade. 

Yes, we finally ascertain that Hitchcock was obsessed with his body, his apparently overbearing Mother and the female body, especially the neck ... but ... the show has no direction and/or theme, and, frankly, we could care less about Hitchcock when it is finally, and thankfully, over.

About 25% of the audience fled at intermission and I should have, but I stayed on because I really wanted to like the show. It just didn’t work for me.

Billi Pod says==>you are hereby warned.

It is playing at the 59E59 Theatre Complex on East 59th Street, one of my favorite venues, has a running time of 2:00, with intermission, and runs through May 25th.

Moving on ... 

Tonight’s entertainment event is a classical music concert ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall. The program is:

Berg: Violin Concerto;
Webern: “Im Sommerwind; and,
Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 “Eroica”
(season subscription series)

I am really in the mood for some classical music.

When the concert is over I plan to walk back to PHC, weather permitting, of course (at 1:30pm it is really nasty and ugly out).

On the sports scene ...

Last night The Yankees kicked butt in their final game of the regular season against the LA Angels, winning 9-2. Derek Jeter hit his first HR of the season.

The Bronx Bombers have the day off as they travel to Milwaukee for a 3-game series against The Brewers, beginning at 8:10pm tomorrow night.

In closing==>in response to several texts and emails ... sorry, but I just don’t care about the NFL draft tonight. The only player I care about is Johnny Manziel aka Johnny Football and he is going where he is going.

So ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.86 miles (or, 12,812 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>446.62 miles (average 3.52 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: