Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mets 9, Wankies 7==>BARF!!


Tuesday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, The Subway Series got off to an inauspicious beginning last night out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, as our bullpen imploded, coughing up a 3-run lead in the last 3 innings with 7 hits and 5 runs. The Mets won by a final score of 9-7.

It was very unpleasant to have been there in person to witness this barfy defeat.

These are the local headlines ...

“QUEENS BOMBERS - Mets’ four-HR power surge jolts Yankees in Bronx opener.”
back page of the NY Post

“METS RIDE 4 TRAIN - Blast four HRs to take Subway opener.”
back page of the Daily News

“Queens Bombers Rally to Beat the Yankees.”
front page of sports section of the New York Times

Tonight at 7:05pm at Yankee Stadium is game 2. On the mound for the Wankies (19-18) will be Vinal Nuno (1-0) vs. Zach Wheeler (1-3) for the Mets (18-19).

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I still plan to stay in to watch the game on my new (to me) 42” TV.

I won’t bore you with any more details and/or observations.

In tomorrow’s posting I will share the details of an AWESOME upcoming “trip” with my new friends Lenny and Marie. Stay tuned.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.65 miles (or, 7,986 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>470.04 miles (average 3.56 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: