Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY/A Fable==>A Bomb/Red-Eye To Havre de Grace


Sunday==>HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

I am soooooooo happy to report that today is a beautiful day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. At 10:30am it is 69º with azure blue skies. It is forecast to reach the high 70s. Yes!! Finally!!

Yesterday also turned out to be a decent weather day, which helped your favorite blogger record some very good mileage, with a walk and wander session before my show, a walk back to the apartment after the show, and then my usual “walking regimen” while watching the Yankees/Brewers game.

When the day was over I had recorded 6.55 miles on my WeightWatchers Pedometer (details below) which ain’t bad for an 80-year old guy, IMHO.

Anyway ... let’s move on with Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday’s Off Broadway show ...

A FABLE, the epic adventure of Jonny (correct spelling), an idealist spurred on by love to right a long-forgotten wrong==>D

There is a totally incomprehensible story line, with way too much anger, violence, shouting and screaming. 

At the end of the first act, which was almost 90-minutes long, I found myself totally uninvolved and wondering WTF was happening on stage. I concluded that I had had enough ... so ...

I fled at intermission, something I rarely do, as you loyal and faithful readers and followers know.

I was kinda forewarned because the show is a production by The Rattlestick Theatre Company, which is known for producing works that fall in either the "loved-it or hated-it" category, with no in-between.

Billi Pod says==>you are warned.

It is still in previews, opens on May 28th, is playing at The Cherry Lane Theater in The West Village, has a running time of 2:30, with one intermission, and runs through June 28th.

It had rained during the show but it was clear when I decided to leave, so I opted to walk back to the apartment. Had thought about doing so via The High Line but I just wasn’t in the mood to battle what I knew would be teeming masses so, instead, I simply walked up 9th Avenue back to 42nd Street. It felt really good.

Just as I reached 42nd Street it started to lightly rain again. Whew. My timing had been excellent.

Had the usual fruit and cheese plate and then settled in for my evening’s “entertainment” event, the Yankees/Brewers game (details below).

Moving on ...

Today’s entertainment event is an Off Broadway show ...

7:00==>RED-EYE TO HAVRE DE GRACE - “Set in September of 1849 this musical follows Edgar Allan Poe on his last lecture tour from Virginia to New York, focusing on a stop in Maryland when a train conductor saw Poe wearing a strangers clothes headed south, where he would die just days later.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show opened to mostly favorable reviews, is playing at The New York Theatre Workshop on East 4th Street in the East Village, has a running time of 1:30, without intermission, and runs through June 1st

This venue is known for producing first-class shows, so I am looking forward to this one.

I plan to head downtown a bit early so I can have a walk and wander session in The East Village.

Now ... moving on to the sports scene ...

Last night The Yankees (19-16) lost to The Milwaukee Brewers (23-14) by a score of 5-4 as our former ace CC Sabathia had yet another lackluster performance. He wasn’t helped by some shoddy defense.

This afternoon @ 2:10pm is the final game of the 3-game series. On the mound for The Yankees will be David Phelps (0-0) vs. Matt Garza (2-3) for The Brewers.

Reader Alert==>Monday is the beginning of a 4-game Subway Series between The Yankees (19-16) and The Mets (16-19). The first two games will be at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, and the last two games will be at Citi Field in Queens.

I have a ticket to the first game and will stay in to watch each of the remaining games. Hey, I am a true Yankee fan, what did you expect?

Just wanted to alert you loyal and faithful readers and followers to what next week probably will be.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.55 miles (or, 14,314 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>460.22 miles (average 3.54 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: