Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Billi Pod Is Going To The Hamptons


Wednesday==>Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

In yesterday’s posting I mentioned an upcoming trip/adventure with my new friends Lenny Gordon (a Columbia University professor) and his wife Marie Taylor (a real estate broker), who are my seat mates at one of my New York Philharmonic concert subscription series.

Well ... here are the details ...

They own property in The Hamptons out on Long Island, specifically, in the trendy Sag Harbor. Sag Harbor is almost to the northeastern tip of Long Island.

They have invited me to spend the upcoming weekend with them. They actually have two cottages on the property and I will be staying in one and they in the other.
On Friday morning I will subway up to 96th Street where we will meet up and then take the subway further North to pick up their car. I can’t remember where that will be. Anyway, we will then drive out to Long Island.

I have never been to The Hamptons so they have graciously offered to be my tour guide and that is terrific. Our plans will be largely dependent on the weather, which is, at the moment, forecast to be kinda iffy.

We will split on Sunday morning. They have some family obligations. I will come back to Manhattan via a Jitney I will catch at Bridgehampton. I am really looking forward to that part of the adventure, too.

I will not take my laptop because they don’t have internet access on their property. I will, of course, have my trusty iPhone with me, so I will be able to check email, text and probably post on my Facebook Timeline.

I will not post on this blog until I get back to Manhattan on Sunday.

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers, there you have it. I am really charged and that is putting it mildly.

Now ... I guess I have to close this posting with ...

The scene last night out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, was bleak as The Wankies (19-19) went down 12-7 to The Mets (19-19) in a jaw-dropping game of ineptitude on our part. The only positive ... your favorite blogger wasn’t there in person to witness the embarrassing debacle.

Thankfully, I was in front of the TV and was able to channel-surf during the latter part of the so-called game.

Tonight the scene moves to Citi Field in Queens where, hopefully, The Wankies will be able to earn some revenge on The Mets home turf, as they did on ours.

On the mound for The Wankies will be our new ace Masahiro Tanaka (5-0) vs. Rafael Montero (4-1) for The Mets.

Yes, I still plan to stay in to watch the game.

On this less-than-happy note will post this and then do a walk and wander session somewhere, probably in The Upper Westside.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.27 miles (or, 9,337 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>474.31 miles (average 3.57 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: