Tuesday, August 27, 2013

THE CHEATERS CLUB==>D


Tuesday==>Last night around 2:00am I lost my internet service. Since it was time to crash I didn’t bother to attempt to report it. Well, this morning at 8:00am it was still down so I called the provider and was informed that there had been a “severe electrical storm” that was responsible for the outage. Of course they said they were working on the problem (obviously it is now up and running).

At least I knew the source of the problem because, frankly, I had been entertaining the thought that The Theatre Gods were pissed with me and were punishing me for sitting through last night’s awful mess, known as ...

THE CHEATERS CLUB, an orgy of sex and violence set at a haunted retreat for swingers in Savannah==>D

Frankly, the grade of D is giving the show the benefit of the doubt. The playwright couldn’t decide if he was writing a drama or a comedy and the mishmash result is a totally not funny, disappointing, too-long mind-fuck.

I felt sorry for the extremely talented cast of 26 performers who did their very best with the dreadful book. One other positive==>the set is outstanding.

The show is produced by The Amoralists theatre company and I have really liked their stuff in the past, so this added to my feeling of disappointment. 

My theater-buddies Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever both left at intermission and I should have joined them, but I didn’t. I was hoping that Act II would be better. Well, it wasn’t.

And ... just getting to and from the theater, the Abrons Arts Center buried in the bowels of the Lower Eastside, was a rather unpleasant task, too. The show has a running time of 2:30, with an intermission, and runs through September 17th.

Billi Pod says==>you are hereby warned.

Moving on ...

At the moment your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, has nothing scheduled entertainment-wise for this evening, but never fear my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... something will show up ... so ...

Last night up in Toronto The Yankees lost 5-2 to The Blue Jays as Phil Hughes continues his downward spiral. Derek Jeter returned to the lineup and went hitless. In the 5th inning A-Rod hit his 650th home run.

Tonight @ 7:00pm it will be Andy Pettitte (9-9) on the mound for The Yankees vs. J.A. Happ (3-3) for The Blue Jays.

OK, everyone, Billi Pod has things and stuff to do now, including his weekly trip to The Food Emporium (to take advantage of the extra 5% senior discount) and paying the first of the month bills ... so ... seeya later alligator ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.95 miles (or, 10,817 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>207.67 miles (average 3.64 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!! GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: