Thursday, August 22, 2013

FINAL ANALYSIS==>A-










Thursday==>I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that yesterday’s entertainment doubleheader was a totally enjoyable and AWESOME experience for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ... so ... let’s get started with ...

Billi Pod’s report card on the matinee performance of the Off Broadway drama ...

FINAL ANALYSIS, in 1910 Vienna a strange young man with dangerous ideas clashes with the brilliant minds of the day - Freud, Stalin, Wittgenstein and Gustav Mahler==>A-

The story line is very thought provoking and the cast is stellar, especially Ryan Garbayo, who portrays the Young Man, who is never identified but you know who he is. The 90 minute running time is perfect.

This is the same grade that I gave the show back in July 2012 when it was playing as a part of the Midtown International Theater Festival.

It is now playing at The Pershing Square Signature Center, one block West of my apartment building, has a running time of 90 minutes, without intermission, and runs through October 5th.

Billi Pod says==>if you like heavy drama, then see this show.

When the show was over I came back to PHC, had the usual fruit and cheese plate, and then it was time to head out to the second half of my entertainment doubleheader, the YANKEE/TORONTO 7:05pm game out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

This was game #11 of my 12-game season ticket package. My next and last game isn't until September 24th.

Man, what an exciting game. First of all, the weather was terrific. The game itself was a nail-biter from the first pitch to the final out.

The Yankees won 4-2 on a 2-run homer from the hot bat of Alfonso Soriano in the bottom of the 8th inning. Mo. picked up his 37th save.

In the bottom of the lst inning Ichiro Suzuki hit a single off of knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, and in doing so, reached his 4,000th hit==>1,278 in Japan and 2,722 in MLB. The stadium went absolutely wild, to put it mildly. The game was stopped as his teammates rushed the field to celebrate this momentous event. WOW!! I am so glad I was there.

This afternoon at 1:05pm is the final game of the 4-game series. Andy Pettitte (8-9) will be on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. J.A. Happ (3-2) for the Jays.

Now ... let’s move on to something that needs to be brought to your attention. What is it I know you are all breathlessly asking your inner selves and your colleagues? Well ... it is this ...

In yesterday’s blog I ended the posting with the following ...

“Billi Pod to A-Rod==>please shut the fuck up, you make me want to puke.”

Remember?

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... these are the headlines in today’s papers ...

“I’M SHUTTING THE F--K UP. A-bout time! Alex says he and lawyers going silent.” - back page of the New York Post

“A-Rod finally tells handlers to ... SHUT UP!” - back page of the Daily News

“Rodriguez Calls End To Public Feuding.” - inside sports section of The New York Times.

Yes ... you are so very very welcome.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is an Off Broadway musical ...

7:30==>SOPHIA - “A comedic musical about Sophia, a beautiful, articulate, sophisticated, bright, and educated woman, whose blind spot is ‘relationships’ with boyfriends who depart after short term contact.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at the Richmond Shepard Theatre, one of my least favorite venues, but I thought I would give it a shot since I was totally wrong about the last show I saw there, Hollywood! Hollywood!, which was great. 

OK, everyone out there in the wilderness, boondocks and wastelands, it is time to post this and then settle in to watch the Yankee game ...

OMFG! What a boring life I have. Oh well ... guess I will just have to live with it.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.56 miles (or, 5,611 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>187.72 miles (average 3.61 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: