Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA CONCERT==>Wonderful


Wednesday==>Man, last night’s entertainment event at Lincoln Center ...

MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall, was WONDERFUL!!. The program was: Beethoven - Symphony No. 2 and Rossini - Stabat mater.

The first part of the program was Beethoven and then, after intermission, was the hour-long Rossini work, which featured 4 soloists and the Concert Chorale of New York. It was beautiful although the lack of subtitles and dim lighting made it virtually impossible to follow what was being sung on stage. This is my ongoing criticism of this type of program at Avery Fisher Hall.

Anyhoo ... when the piece was finished the audience gave the performers a well-earned standing ovation with numerous curtain calls.

Yesterday I had opined (when was the last time you saw that word?) that my comp. seat would be in the upper nosebleed section. Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I am happy to report that I couldn’t have been more wrong ...

My seat was in the orchestra section, row D, on the aisle. Wow!! Just a little bit closer than I would have liked, but still, totally awesome.

Yes, I left the auditorium with a huge smile on my face, made even bigger when I learned that The Yankees were kicking butt ... details below.

I decided to walk back to the apartment while listening to the final innings of the game. Well ... in the 8th inning a sudden storm out in The Bronx caused a rain delay ... and ... about halfway into my walk south on 9th Avenue ... it began to lightly rain ... WTF?

Did I have my umbrella with me? Of-course-f**king-not! Well, I had no options so I just kept walking. Luckily, it lightened up ... but ... I was still very wet when I finally got back to the apartment.

I know you are all asking your inner selves ... selves ... why doesn’t this douche routinely keep his umbrella in his backpack, which he carries with him everywhere he goes? Answer ... because Billi Pod is a douche ... that’s why ... there is no ... repeat ... no plausible excuse.

Oh well ... moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is an Off Broadway show in previews ...

8:00==>LUFT GANGSTER - “In WW II a downed American airman plots his escape from the hellish conditions in a German POW camp, Stalag Luft VI.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

As a point of reference, “Luft Gangster” is the phrase Joseph Goebbels created as propaganda to convince the German people that all American flyers were actual criminals who were released from prison by the United States government in order to fight in World War II.

The show is playing at the Abingdon Theatre Complex on West 36th Street and runs through August 24.

Now ... for Marty’s sports fix ...

Last night, out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, The Bronx Bombers crushed The Angels 14-7 in a 19-hit attack lead by Alfonso Soriano, who hit 2 home runs and drove in 6 runs. Sabathia had a so-so outing, lasting 6 innings, giving up 3 runs and 6 walks.

Tonight at 7:05pm will be game 3 of the 4-game series. On the mound for The Yankees will be Ivan Nova (5-4) vs. Jared Weaver (7-5) for the Angels.

Let’s close this posting with ...

BREAKING NEWS==>I am happy and excited to report that my dear dear friend Sandy Mullon of Anna Maria, FL (yes, I know she lives inland now, but she will always be an Island Girl to me) will be making a whirlwind visit to The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, from September 10-13, and will, of course, be staying with me @ PHC.

As usual, she will plan our activities during the day and I will plan our evening events.

We will share the details as they develop.

So ... on this very happy note ... will post this and then do a walk and wander session.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.01 miles (or, 10,959 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>158.77 miles (average 3.61 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: