Saturday, August 17, 2013

Billi Pod and Scott Reed @ Facebook NY


Saturday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, didn’t post anything yesterday. Does he have a legitimate excuse I know you are all asking your inner selves?

Well, inner selves ... nope ... he doesn’t ... when he came back to the apartment after having an AWESOME lunch with John Scott Reed, details to follow, he just got caught up watching baseball ... first the Little League World Series and then, of course, in the evening the YANKEES/FUCKSOX game.

So ... just calm down ... it’s over ... let’s get brought up-to-date ... starting with ...

LUNCH WITH JOHN SCOTT REED

At noon yesterday I arrived at 335 Madison Avenue, between 43rd and 44th Streets, checked in with the front desk, had my backpack scanned and then was directed up to the 17th floor to Facebook NY.

For reasons I still don’t understand, I was directed to a freight elevator (not making this up) but I finally found the security station where I was required to sign a Non-Disclosure-Agreement presented on an iPad (not making that up either).

Scott came out and the hour long adventure began. I can’t share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers too many details for obvious reasons ... but ... in rather summary form ...

Scott gave me a tour of the entire 17th floor where the technical/engineering staff is located. It is AWESOME. Everyone is working in the open but there are numerous meeting rooms with state-of-the-art electronic devices etc.

Folks, I am not exaggerating when I say that the energy, electricity and enthusiasm was palatable. And ... everyone is Y O U N G!!

The cafeteria is also located on the 17th floor and that is where we had lunch and had our long overdue catching up session. Scott is soooooooo excited to be a part of the Facebook team.

Then Scott took me down to his office/work space on the 3rd floor. This space houses the marketing team and is about 1/4 the size of the 17th floor facility. It is also totally open space, with meeting rooms etc.

At the entrance to the space is a Facebook Wall and I, of course, signed it ... with ... “BILLI POD BLOGS. YES!”

The hour flew by and soon it was time for me to leave and for Scott to get back to work. On departure he gave me a Facebook bag filled with lots of things and stuff, including two great t-shirts.

I have to admit that I felt emotionally drained but very very happy to have had this opportunity to see the Facebook team close-up and personal.

Thank you Scott. I am soooooooo proud of you and happy for your new life-adventure.

Moving on ...

As I mentioned above, the remainder of the day and evening was spent in a couch-potato mode watching baseball, first, the Little League World Series and then the YANKEES/FUCKSOX game.

As you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, The Bronx Bombers kicked butt, winning 10-3 behind a good outing from Andy Pettitte and the continuing hot bat of Alfonso Soriano, who homered and drove in 4 runs.

This afternoon @ 4:10pm will be game 2 of the 3-game series. On the mound for the Yankees will be our ace Hiroki Kuroda (11-7) vs. the struggling John Lackey (7-10).

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for the evening is a classical music concert ...

8:00==>MOSTLY MOZART FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall. The program is: “Brahms - Symphony No. 2 and Double Concerto for Violin and Cello.” (concert - complimentary ticket)

I won’t even speculate this time where my comp. seat will be.

Moving on ...

Since I failed to post yesterday I need to end this posting with Billi Pod’s report card on Thursday’s Off Broadway show ...

EINSTEIN,  about the life, times, struggles, genius and flaws of the scientific world’s icon==>B

The story line is highly informative with decent acting but the show, at almost 3 hours, with intermission, is way-too-long. 

I actually liked it a lot more than I had anticipated so ...

Billi Pod says==>it is worth seeing.

OK, this brings everyone up-to-date ... so ...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.76 miles (or, 8,236 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>168.74 miles (average 3.59 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: