Wednesday, August 7, 2013

SOUL DOCTOR==>B+


Wednesday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger is happy to report that his rescheduled dentist appointment this morning went OK, without any drama, and, Thank God, without any of the subway glitches that I experienced, and reported, this time last week.

Yep, my appointment with my longtime dentist, Steven Gualtieri, whose office is on E. 54th Street, was for 10:00am and it got underway on time. The session was to be the first of two to take care of the two rather large cavities that had been discovered at my long-overdue cleaning session several weeks ago.  Well, everything went so smoothly that Dr.G, with my permission, took care of both procedures.

Yes, it was very very intense but totally pain-free. It was over at 11:15am and I left his office with a totally numb mouth and feeling just a bit lightheaded (no, I don't use any of the gas stuff etc).

Walked back to my Hell’s Kitchen apartment and it was a bit after noon when I opened the door to PHC.

Well, thought I, I’ll just sit down in front of my iMac and get today’s posting done. Wrong!! I was suddenly overcome with an intense desire/need to lay down on my bed in the fetal position and suck my thumb.

And, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, that is just what your favorite blogger did, drifting in and out of sleep. 90+ minutes later I feel somewhat better ... so ... let’s get this posting done ... shall we ... starting with ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Broadway show ...

SOUL DOCTOR, the true story about the musical journey of Shlomo Carlebach, the father of popular Jewish music, including his friendship with the legendary jazz singer Nina Simone==>B+

The show is very well performed, especially by Eric Anderson in the lead role of Shlomo and Amber Iman as Nina.

The show begins in Vienna in 1938, before the Carlebach family escapes to New York City, and concludes in 1978 when the now musical-star Shlomo returns to Vienna for a concert and to finally seek closure.

The entire story line is totally involving and it is extremely educational, especially for a Gentile like moi.

Before the show I ran into my Facebook friend Daniel Nickle, and his friend Erik, and have subsequently learned that they both liked the show a lot. Also ran into Julie Miller but she changed her seat location at intermission so I don’t know her feelings.

The show is still in previews at the Circle In The Square on West 50th Street and has a running time of 2:30, with an intermission. It opens on August 15th and runs through January 5, 2014.

Billi Pod says==>see this show.

When the show was over I walked back to the apartment while listening to the final innings of the YANKEES/WHITE SOX game, which the Wankies lost 3-2. It was their 13th loss in the last 19 games.

Oh, yes ... A-Rod has certainly revitalized this team ... NOT!!

Tonight @ 8:10pm, in Chicago, The Sox go for the sweep with our former ace, the basically ineffectual CC Sabathia (9-10), on the mound for The Wankies vs. Hector Santiago (3-7) for The Sox.

At the moment, I haven’t anything scheduled entertainment-wise for the evening. Seriously considering the just opened comedy WE’RE THE MILLERS, starring Jennifer Aniston.

OMFG!! I suddenly feel emotionally drained again ... so ... better post this now ... 

GOD ... I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST!!!
Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.27 miles (or, 7,163 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>129.97 miles (average 3.51 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: