Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cough, Sneeze, Drip Drip==>DAMN!!

DAMN!! Had to leave FOLLIES last night at intermission due to sneezing, coughing and a runny nose.


The nasty stuff started just before I left PHC for the theater. I had stocked up on nose spray and cough drops just to be safe. My seat was in the very rear orchestra, row X, in the middle.


Once the show started my nose started running (actually draining is probably a better word) and I was fighting back the urge to both cough and sneeze. DAMN!! I didn’t want to be the old guy who keeps everyone around him from enjoying the show with all of his extraneous noise/sounds.


DAMN!! I found myself concentrating more on not coughing and/or sneezing than what was happening on stage. DAMN!!


At intermission Billi Pod faced up to it, returned his hearing device and headed back to PHC, coughing and sneezing the whole way. It wasn’t pleasant.


The show runs until January 22, 2012 and I am confident I will be able to score a TDF ticket before the run ends.


Went to bed much earlier than usual, 1:00am, feeling kinda sorry for myself.


When I woke up at 9:30am (1.5 hours later than usual) I felt blah, out of sorts and not in a good mood. Basically, right now I feel like shit.


Of course I have been taking my usual cold remedies: Echinacea & Goldseal and extra Vitamin C.


The good news, as you loyal and faithful readers know, Billi Pod usually has a quick recovery rate, meaning, a cold usually lasts only 3 days, rather than 5-7 for the rest of you out there in the vast hinterlands.


And further good news==>this will get my annual Winter cold out of the way before heading down to Columbia, SC, for Christmas with the family.


Oh ... yesterday afternoon’s staged reading of ==>BURLY-Q! A Gay Burlesque, was funny, profane and a lot of fun. It is what it is ... a work in progress. Glad I saw it.


Yes ... Billi Pod has an entertainment event scheduled for tonight, of course ...

8:00==>THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER - “Celebrated critic and radio personality Sheridan Whiteside slips on an icy doorstep while lecturing in Mesalia, Ohio. While recovering in the home of a utterly conventional family, he proceeds to turn the family's life inside out with his incessant demands, long-distance phone calls and parade of eccentric celebrity guests.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)


This revival stars Jim Brochu who has outstanding as Zero Mostel in the critically acclaimed “Zero Hour.”


We will see how Billi Pod feels as show time arrives. It is playing at a theater just one block away and since he actually paid for the ticket ($9.00) he won’t get into any trouble if he skips the show.

Let me close this shorter posting with a link to a rather interesting article in today’s New York Post about Timmy Tebow --


"Serby’s exclusive Q&A with...Tim Tebow"


Click on the following link to read the story, it is worth it ...


http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/serby_exclusive_with_tim_tebow_umO1GNRjsz53WWbzbQTZMN


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-113

No comments: