Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Billi Pod’s Update and Some AWESOME Breaking News!!

Well, my loyal and faithful readers - at last Billi Pod has overcome his writer’s block, runny nose and raspy cough, overall feeling of BLAH, general angst etc etc etc enough to make himself sit down in front of his iMac and attempt to bring you hinterland dwellers up-to-date on the things and stuff in Billi Pod’s World.


Yes, a whole week has transpired since my last posting, the longest period between postings during 2011. My bad.


I am appreciative of the various inquiries via email and texts, even though some of them had an underlying snarkiness, attempting to pass as genuine interest.


In my defense I did post daily on my FaceBook Wall, so some of you know what has been going on.


It is Tuesday morning in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and Billi Pod must confess to still being mired in the morass known as BLAH, but he will not let this keep him from posting ... because ...


Last night I made a promise to self ... “self, I promise that I will write something on my blog tomorrow, I promise.”


Well ... self, being totally uncompromising, has held me to my promise ... so ... tada ... we now have this posting, such as it is.


Billi Pod will give you loyal and faithful readers a condensed version of the past week ...


Wednesday - December 21


The dentist appointment went OK - emotionally draining but OK.


Billi Pod’s report cards on his entertainment doubleheader ...


STICK FLY - A Broadway comedy about a wealthy Afro-American family==>B<==wanted to like it more but way too much screaming and cussing.


CLOSE UP SPACE - David Hyde Pierce’s character has a breakdown after a shattering confrontation with his fiery daughter==>C<==actually this is giving it/him the benefit of the doubt.


Dysfunctional family to the nth degree. I am getting more than tired with this persistent theme.


Thursday - December 22


Flight out of LGA to Philly left on time and went OK, then things got weird. My flight out of Philly was delayed until 5:15 for "maintenance" issues. Free WiFi was quirky. Alarms kept going off in the gate area.


We were two hours late getting into Columbia. Certainly glad I was using my new carryon bag.


Dr. John and Kathi picked me up. We stayed in and had salad and pizza.


Friday - December 23


We basically just chilled, waiting for son Bill III aka The Bill to arrive from Orlando. He drove up.


He got in around 7:00pm and then the 4 of us had a great dinner at a trendy restaurant in da ‘hood called “California Dreaming”==>way-too-much superrich food.


Saturday - December 24


Dr. John spent hours and hours preparing our Christmas Eve dinner==>prime beef tenderloin. It was absolutely AWESOME. We exchanged gifts before dinner.


Dr. John gave me a new Swissgear carryon bag to replace, in his words ... “that piece of shit you just bought.” Nice. Thank you Dr. John.


Happily Alex aka Army Guy was able to communicate directly with family and friends.

Sunday - December 25th


Dr. John went to work in the early morning and The Bill and I headed out around noon, him back to Orlando and me back to The Big Apple.


My 2:30pm flight out of Columbia was only 1/3 full but the airport at Charlotte was a madhouse, which was a bit of a surprise. Was unable to get an earlier flight but was able to get an exit row seat on my flight, without any additional fee. Nice.


Flight left basically on time and arrived in LGA on time. LGA was also teeming. Took the express bus to The Port Authority.


It was cold and windy. On the way to the apartment I picked up a couple of slices and was back in Penthouse C aka PHC at 9:30pm.


Man, was I tired. My nose began running and I started sneezing and coughing. Damn.


Scanned the mail, read the 3 daily papers, ate some pizza, had some grapes and then crashed at 1:00am, a bit earlier than usual.


It was great being with family during Christmas. As I have become older it has become more and more important for me to be able to spend quality time with my family.

Monday - December 26


This was Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff day and he was able to accomplish everything even though his nose was still running and he was coughing and sneezing a lot. He felt very BLAH.


Nothing of any import showed up on his ticket services so he considered a movie, but in the end he just opted to stay in. Yeah, I know ... but this is what went down.


Did watch the Saints/Falcons game to see if Drew Brees would break Dan Marino’s record for most passing yardage in a season (5,084). Yes, he did it on his final pass of the game, a TD, giving him 5,087 yards.


OK, my loyal and faithful readers, you are now basically up-to-date. You are welcum.


Woke up this morning at the usual time, 8:00am, and I have to admit that I feel basically kinda BLAH. The nose isn’t running yet and I am not coughing or sneezing at the moment, but I just feel BLAH and kinda out-of-sorts.


Have nothing planned yet for the evening, so I might catch a movie, either TOWER HEIST with Ben Stiller or THE SITTER with Jonah Hill - we will see.


Damn, though, Billi Pod still feels BLAH at 1:00pm


Well, my loyal and faithful readers, I have also been holding back some breaking news, but now I feel comfortable sharing it with you ... so ...

BREAKING NEWS #1==>the due date for the arrival of my great-granddaughter has been moved back. Unless something changes, Gina will go into the hospital in Lakeland on Friday night, January 6, and labor will be induced (or a C-section) the next day. Awesome!!


BREAKING NEWS #2==>unless something unforeseen happens - Alex aka Army Guy will be physically present for the birth of his daughter. YES!! He will be on leave. AWESOME!!


Once the actual dates are known I will make my plans to head down there to be with them.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-125

No comments: