Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday - Way to Go Swisher!!

Good morning! What an emotional roller coaster was last night’s Yankees/Rays game, starting with the pre-game ceremonies honoring both The Boss and Bob Sheppard, The Voice of God, and ending with a dramatic win when Swisher made the game winning hit with 2 on and 2 out in the bottom of the 9th with the game tied at 4-4. The Stadium went absolutely wild. Swish was rewarded with a pie in the face, a new Yankee “custom.” I am sooooooooo glad I decided at the last minute to get that extra ticket.


Today will be just as emotional because at 2:00 is the annual Old Timer’s Game, with scores of former Yankee stars in attendance to honor the 1950 championship team, which included Whitey & Yogi. The regular game is at 4:10. I will get to the stadium around 1:30 so it will be a long day/evening of baseball. Will be in my regular seat with my buds.


GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

No comments: